Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOC 198 error - Help me to solve this

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC 198 error - Help me to solve this
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all
I am new to FOCUS and currently working on it.
I encounter the an error when i give an input flat file which contains data, (i have attached the dataset informationbelow)

Dataset info:-
---------------

General Data Current Allocation
Management class . . : TESTL Allocated cylinders : 1
Storage class . . . : PREMIUM Allocated extents . : 1
Volume serial . . . : TSL027 +
Device type . . . . : 3390
Data class . . . . . : TEST Current Utilization
Organization . . . : PS Used cylinders . . : 0
Record format . . . : FB Used extents . . . : 0
Record length . . . : 4096
Block size . . . . : 4096
1st extent cylinders: 1
Secondary cylinders : 700
Data set name type : SMS Compressible : NO

Creation date . . . : 2008/02/14 Referenced date . . : 2008/02/17
Expiration date . . : ***None***

To display multiple volumes press Enter or enter Cancel to Exit.

error:-
-------
(FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR
READING TBRLOBFC ,PAGE 1 ,CODE=0000000C

but when i give the below shown flat file with the under specified dataset information, then it gives out the result.

Dataset info:
--------------------------
General Data Current Allocation
Management class . . : TSO Allocated tracks . : 597
Storage class . . . : TNTCACHE Allocated extents . : 5
Volume serial . . . : TSO101
Device type . . . . : 3390
Data class . . . . . : TSO Current Utilization
Organization . . . : PS Used tracks . . . . : 597
Record format . . . : F Used extents . . . : 5
Record length . . . : 4096
Block size . . . . : 4096
1st extent tracks . : 120
Secondary tracks . : 50
Data set name type : SMS Compressible : NO

Creation date . . . : 2007/11/21 Referenced date . . : 2008/02/17
Expiration date . . : ***None***
It is not showwing any error and printsout the results.
can any one help me out to solve this issue.
how can i avoid this error, what modification must i do to get the result.

(Note: Both the flat file contains the same data)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Focus Core 7.1.1 & 7.6.4
XP
MainFrames

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you browse the first file in TSO, so you know it contains data? The file allocations are different, and I don't focus on the mainframe under TSO any more, so not familiar with the message you are getting. However it appears focus can't read the file.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that it is "a flat file"?

For a FOCUS file the lrecl and blksize are both 4096 which is what you have here. Also the error is one I suspect being returned from a failed FOCUS db read.

I would advise you to check the format of the file, and also check the MFD to make sure everything is as you think it is.

As Leah says, the allocations are different and the first one shows no used extents at all which would suggest an empty file.

You must have some local expertise to hand to check the files for you? If not then it would be a suggestion to get someone trained up or at least pay for some local consultancy to help you through the early stages of learning.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
rb4u,
There are 2 things...

1. You can only get a FOC198 if you are reading a FOCUS file in MVS. Within your MASTER you must have SUFFIX=FOC.

2. Although your DCB information is close your Record Format is different. FOCUS MVS datasets are F (fixed) not FB (fixed block).

If you are also getting a B37 abend with your execution, this means that you have not allocated enough space for your FOCUS file.

Have Fun!
Michelle

WebFOCUS Production: UNIX 7.7.03M
WebFOCUS Test: UNIX EDASERVE 7.7.05 Client 8.0.01

Posts: 28 | Location: Connecticut USA | Registered: August 29, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi leah,tony,Cavanaugh

Thanks for your reply.
The error is resolved and working fine.

Thanks
Revathi.

Focus Core 7.1.1 & 7.6.4
XP
MainFrames

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi revathi,

Could you please let me know how you were able to resolve the issue.
Am facing similar type of issue.
The error message is :
(FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR READING TABLE, PAGE 1, CODE 0x0000bbbb

. could you please let me know how it can be resolved

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post