Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to rename expandable table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to rename expandable table
 Login/Join

<Tmproff>
posted
I am trying to create 2 tables in one fex using the expandable option.

Here is the Code:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
    DCOST
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 BY MODEL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET EXPANDABLE ON 
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
    DCOST
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

This works, but if you expand the bottom table, the top table expands. If you just put your mouse over the first expandable [+] you will see table1. This is the same table name for the 2nd table as well. Is there a way to identify each of these as separate tables?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When I run that in Dev Studio, I only get the first TABLE's output (with ibiattr="table1"). What am I missing?

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I would open a case with Tech Support - this appears to be a deficiency with Expandable reports. The clue is in the JavaScript that's generated. There's a line that sets some default table name, both are set to table1:

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
tablestarts["table1"]=1;
</SCRIPT>

Here is a possible workaround. Put the two expandable reports in their own iframes - they'll be treated as separate html pages. The code below relies on creating the hold files in a folder on the web server. In my case, the WebFOCUS server is on the same server as the web server, so I use an APP folder. You could FILEDEF them to another location as long as the web server can address that folder. The complete URL needs to be passed to the iframe SRC tag so I use Dialogue Manager parameters that are generated by Custom Settings which were set using the Admin Console.

<SET> SERVER_NAME = &SERVER_NAME (pass)
<SET> SERVER_PORT = &SERVER_PORT (pass)
<SET> URL_PROTOCOL = &URL_PROTOCOL (pass)

This FEX works on my WF server:

-SET &URL =
-  IF &SERVER_PORT EQ ''
-  THEN &URL_PROTOCOL || '://' || &SERVER_NAME || '/approot/testfm/'
-  ELSE &URL_PROTOCOL || '://' || &SERVER_NAME || ':' || &SERVER_PORT || '/approot/testfm/';

APP HOLDDATA testfm
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
    DCOST
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 BY MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
    DCOST
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 BY MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS H002 FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>WebFOCUS Expandable Report</title>
</head>
<body>
<iframe name="ifH001" width="800" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"
        SRC="!IBI.AMP.URL;h001.htm">
<iframe name="ifH002" width="800" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"
        SRC="!IBI.AMP.URL;h002.htm">
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that this known problem is similar to what Jack experienced in Dev Studio and to what Tmproff posted. There's several "known problems" regarding Expandable reports - perhaps it'll start working in WF v9.3.

I'd open cases for both problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My problem is independent of the Expandable feature. Whem I run multiple reports with PCHOLD FORMAT HMTL -- whether sutured with COMPOUND OPEN/CLOSE or left free-standaing -- the browser only renders the first.

I opened a case (42402564).

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<Kyle H.>
posted
How about this?

-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR IBIWF_mreports=frame
-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR IBIWF_mrcolumns=2
-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR IBIWF_mrrows=2
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
DCOST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
DCOST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This behaves the same way as Tmproff's original posting - clicking an expand icon in the second report expands rows in the first report.

I'd love to know where those -TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR commands are documented, and what they're doing in the fex.

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Does anyone have the answer for this problem yet? I am facing the same problem with a report that has 2 expandable tables.

Thanks in advance.

Shane