Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MULTI-PAGE PDF LAYOUT PAINTER

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MULTI-PAGE PDF LAYOUT PAINTER
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a pdf layout application that has six object on one pdf page, two reports and four graphs. The customer enters an account number and the pdf comes up on the screen. Now they want to enter a range of accounts and each one is to have its own separate page of six objects. The only approach I can think of is to do a loop with each account and run the pdf layout app for each account. This is probably the simplest way but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows a better way.

Dev Studio /7.6.11/7.7.02M
MVS/USS
AIX/SOLARIS
Windows WF Client 7.6.8/7.6.11

Posts: 64 | Location: Eastern and middle NC | Registered: March 13, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

If all reports and graphs use the same BY command as the first BY (BY Accounts), you can utilize the Automatic Coordinated report feature in the pdf painter. This should resolve your issue "out of the box"

from dev studio help see creating reports with graphical tools , chapter 9 ,creating compound layout,create a compound coordinated report

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WF_IL,

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Actually since sounds like a good application for the Coordinated Compound Document. This is built with the PDF Layout Painter. All objects must have the same high-order sort field, in your case, account.

You can find documentation on this in Chapter 8 of the "Developing Reporting Applications with Graphical Tools", wfappsgt.pdf.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
WF, I didn't mean to post on top of you. It took me a few minutes to look up the doc reference.

At least we were thinking the same thing.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Eran and Ginny,

Thanks for the replies. It was very helpful. I have one more concern that I can't find in the documentation. Using the CAR file for e.g., if I do one report and one graph, sorted by country and tell the graph to do a new graph for each value of COUNTRY, each graph as all cars for all countries but only the sort current value of the sort is displayed. So, the report 1st page just has England. The graph has all countries but only England is populated. Same with page two and so on. I don't seem to be able to tell it to only graph and display values for the sort field on that page.

By the way Eran, I seem to remember SRL SWAT a few years back.

Thanks.............Steve

Dev Studio /7.6.11/7.7.02M
MVS/USS
AIX/SOLARIS
Windows WF Client 7.6.8/7.6.11

Posts: 64 | Location: Eastern and middle NC | Registered: March 13, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check out the merge option. That doesn't make sense.

I have a demo one on CENTURYSALES I could send you if you provide your email address.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you use the merged coordinated reports, be wary of missing keys, it will stuff up the report.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post