Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Graph Showing ALL data in column

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Graph Showing ALL data in column
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a graph that has a date animation slider. Its a horizontal bar graph that displays straight .MAS information with no aggregate functionality. The .MAS file reference already has everything.

MY issue is.... (below is date, name, ranking)
Day1, Greg, 1
day1, Todd, 2
day2, Jeremy, 1
day2, Todd, 2

The graph is showing ALL names (Greg, Todd, Jeremy) regardless of the date on the animation slider. So when the slider is on day1, it shows all 3 names, but Jeremy has no rank, however when i slide it over to day2, now jeremy has his correct rank, and Greg now has no data.

I need Jeremy not to show up in the graph when day1 is selected on the slider, and when day2 is selcted, then Greg dissapears from graph and jeremy shows up.

Does that make any sense? It's like the graph and plotting ALL possible names, but then just applies the right rankings depending on the date. the DATA is correct, but cant i just see TWO names per day, instead of all of them?

Below is image... as you can see in the "North Area" of the chart.. only 5 of the 10 IDs have bars... thats because fo the select 10/22 date, they only have data... how do i get rid of the other 5 that have no reason to be on the graph for that day? My report works just fine, it exports 5 rows for the date i send it and the XLS looks fine.. so i dont know why the graph would look different?

https://s1.postimg.org/2zomgr0qan/Capture.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

AS Version: 8201
Gen: 10202016
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 49 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: December 13, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
BS,
Without seeing your code it's difficult to figure what could be the issue.
But assuming that you've used the chart animation feature (slider) this is not a real "filter" applied on the data. It just hide some measure values, does not remove any data such as a filter does.

If you want to hide some data (not include some data row in graph), it has to be a filter (a WHERE clause).

Below is a sample that, I think, reproduce your issue

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
MTH /Mt = DATE;
END
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET HTMLENCODE=ON
SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
GRAPH FILE ggsales
SUM COMPUTE SAL_20K/D12.2=GGSALES.SALES01.DOLLARS - 269049;
BY GGSALES.SALES01.MTH
BY GGSALES.SALES01.STCD
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=slider, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=y-axis, $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

Pay attention to "TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=slider, $" which is the way the slider is included. This is not a filter (WHERE). All the data still remain available in the graph.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok, so this means i would have to have a dropdown or list box with all the slider dates in it and have the user click the date he wants to see and have it refresh with the WHERE clause.

Just making sure i couldnt leave the slider or have it act as the filter somehow.

Thanks Martin.

AS Version: 8201
Gen: 10202016
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 49 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: December 13, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
so this means i would have to have a dropdown or list box with all the slider dates in it and have the user click the date he wants to see and have it refresh with the WHERE clause.

This what I think you will have to do.
Haven't test it, but maybe the slider from the HTML Composer may work as you expect : as a WHERE. Meaning that you can have a slider that display the dates then "slide" date to date and have you data filtered accordingly and not just have your measure hidden.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post