Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Controlling values on x-axis for line graph

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Controlling values on x-axis for line graph
 Login/Join

posted
I originally posted this in the InfoAssist forum, but I didn't get any responses, so I figured I'd try here as well.

I'm working on building a line graph in InfoAssist (in 8002M) and running into a couple of issues. I've checked the documentation and FocalPoint, but I'm not able to find an answer, so I'm hoping that asking here might help.

The data set being used is a list containing 288 rows, which is one for every 5 minute interval during the day. The fields are the time of day (MEASURETIME) along with the count of items in a queue at that time (ITEMCOUNT).

The intention is to produce a line chart where the x-axis is the time of day (starting with the current time), covering the last 24 hours and the y-axis is the count of items in the queue. The x-axis should only display even numbered hours (due to size constraints of the graph, which should be around 150 x 590 pixels), with tick marks and grid lines shown for every hour.

My first attempt was to DEFINE some new fields in the data set, which included the hour value from MEASURETIME and the minute value from MEASURETIME. I then created another value on the data set that was only populated when the hour was even and the minute was 0 (DISPLAYHOUR). Then, on the graph, I added the MEASURETIME and DISPLAYHOUR to the x-axis and set the MEASURETIME to be hidden.

This works to only show the even hours once on the x-axis and keep the report sorted correctly. However, it only works when the graph is full size and I'm running it as HTML5. WHen the graph is resized, the values on the x-axis disappear. If I try formatting the graph as PNG, the values on the x-axis never show, regardless of the size.

Additionally, I can't get the grid lines to show for the hourly values. They either show at every record (based on MEASURETIME) or not at all.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix these?

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
Windows, All Outputs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 27 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: January 21, 2013Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi bsullivan,

I'd like to recommend opening a case on InfoResponse Online for this issue in order to work with someone on the specifics.

Regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post