Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Active Report-Suppress Column Heading, including the blank space above the field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Active Report-Suppress Column Heading, including the blank space above the field
 Login/Join

posted
I am building an active dashboard, and it requires several single line data elements derived from reports to be laid out (a report displaying 1 row of data). I've been able to hide the column headers in the active reports using various tricks like color and AS '', but the problem is that there is still a space above the data field which makes the single line of data take up twice as much vertical space, so I have to space things further apart than I would like on the dashboard to account for that 'dead space' as it will cover up other elements on the dashboard. Picture the active report coming up, and there would be one line of data in the upper-left hand corner of the window with no space between the data and the top of the window.

So is there anyway to completely suppress the column header? In effect I'm looking to treat a 'report' as a one line text box on the active dashboard that will take up no more vertical space than one line of text. There is filtering going on, so I can't -READ into & variables and populate static text boxes on the dashboard at run-time. I've done that for a few that don't change but I can't do it for all of them.

Thanks for any info!
Ryan

WF: WebFocus 8.0.02
InfoAssist, Dev Studio, Magnify, Portal/Dashboards, Mobile Favs
Data: DB2
Output: Multiple

Posts: 23 | Location: KC, MO | Registered: August 05, 2013Report This Post