Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Onmouseover Drop down menu

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Onmouseover Drop down menu
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am having issue designing webfocus html homepage with dropdown menu when a mouse is placed over a menu item (onmouseover) for my organisation. Please, can someone help with example(s).

When a mouse is placed over "Helpdesk", there should be a drop down menu showing "Request assistance", "Training" and "fault". And when placed over "FAQ's", the dropdown menu should be "User", "Admin".

Please, help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Posts: 117 | Registered: November 18, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is not specific to WebFOCUS but more JavaScript and CSS. Google JavaScript Menu and you'll probably get more info than you will here.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Like Tony, I suggest searching the internet. Normal behaviour for select list boxes is that they drop down when clicked on, not when the cursor is moved over them.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am new to this. I have googled for javascripts drop down menu but I can't seem to make free codes work. The most I could do is to display a javascript dropdown menu that were covered by my webfocus frames on the page. That is you don't get to see the drop down list as its covered by page frames.

Please, can you help me please with a simple example dropdown code and instruction on where to paste the code i.e head or body parts.

I will appreciate it. Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: umun,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Expert
posted Hide Post
Simple Drop-Down Menu v2.0

What do you mean by "by my webfocus frames on the page"? Are you trying to put a drop-down menu on a WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard view? Or are you trying to put a drop-down menu on an HTML launch page - please be specific.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I tried adding the dropdown menu code to the banner.html of a B.I. Dashboard view and the menu does not work.

It looks like some JS or CSS that is part of the banner.html is causing this not to work - the html
  • tags are not rendered as they're supposed to be.

Something in B.I. Dashboard transforms the banner.html code by adding a lot of links to JS and css files. This is hard to detect because the right-click on the banner seems to be disabled. I was able to capture the transformed html of the banner by using Microsoft Script Editor and found that this, among other stuff was added to banner.html:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_GET_FILE&FILE_NAME=worp_custom/aj_gbv/banner.css"/>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/css/worp_popup.css"/>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_utilities.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_query-handler.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_runtime.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_iterator.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_collection.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/util/worp_popup-window-manager.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/menu/worp_menu-options.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/menu/worp_menu-item.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/menu/worp_menu-object.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/menu/worp_menu-renderer.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/menu/worp_menu.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/worp/js/worp_banner.js"></script>
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="/ibi_html/javaassist/intl/ibimultilanguage.js"></script>

worp_popup.css might have something in it that is causing the dropdown menu to not work as expected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

•  
    Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    are you trying to put a drop-down menu on an HTML launch page

quote:
    Simple Drop-Down Menu v2.0

What do you mean by "by my webfocus frames on the page"? Are you trying to put a drop-down menu on a WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard view? Or are you trying to put a drop-down menu on an HTML launch page - please be specific.

Thank you Francis. Actually, I am trying to add a dropdown menu to html launch page. The body of the html page will have frames showing graphs.

I have seen the link you provided but I am afraid the author said the site name must appear on my page if I want to use the scripts. That is why I am trying to develop mine.

Another issue I am having is that I have migrated my procedures, html and master files to a staging area (preparatory to moving them to prod) from dev area. While we in IT can access it in staging area, the business can't. whenever they try, it keeps coming up as procedure name missing?

Though I modified the homepage with new links before moving them to staging area, could it be that the business team profile is still pointing to the dev area or is there old temp file that is redirecting to the old link? The only thing I noticed in the "other folder" are files with extension .ftm and .xml. Please are these files temp files?

Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
    Windows/SQL/CUBES
    HTML/PDF/XLS

Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you guys for your response. i have been able to create a dropdown menu for the html homepage. I had to sit down and read some tutorials on CSS and Javascrpts!

The only problem I have now is that the business can't access my reports after migrating them to prod area.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
    Windows/SQL/CUBES
    HTML/PDF/XLS

Expert
    posted Hide Post
    emeke99,

I'm glad to know you've solved your problem.

May I suggest you take a look at jQuery? It's what I think is a revolutionary new way to work with JavaScript and CSS. It makes drop-down menus, tabbed pages, forms, etc. very easy to work with. It takes very little reading to get something to work.

Cheers,

Francis

Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by emeke99:
    The only problem I have now is that the business can't access my reports after migrating them to prod area.

I have now resolved the problem. It was link issue in some of the html files. Thank you.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
    Windows/SQL/CUBES
    HTML/PDF/XLS

posted Hide Post
    emeke99,
    I got the same request, could you please share your code...

Thanks

webfocus 7x
    windows

Platinum Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by dcs:
    emeke99,
    I got the same request, could you please share your code...

Thanks

The material is here:
    http://javascript-array.com/sc...mple_drop_down_menu/

Note the condition of use below:
    If you want to use this script on your page, please place link to http://javascript-array.com at one of your pages.

For me, I didn't use the code but it gave me a hint on how I can develop one. Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
    Windows/SQL/CUBES
    HTML/PDF/XLS