Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     html form begin header [SOLVED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
html form begin header [SOLVED]
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,
I have an HTML report which I am displaying using the -HTMLFORM BEGIN and -HTMLFORM END tags. I want to write some HTML at the header of this report, specifically within the HTMLFORM tags, but my header is always coming out at the very bottom of the report output.
-* Begin HTML Output
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

[my heading code]

!IBI.FIL.FILEA;

-HTMLFORM END
-RUN
-EXIT

I've tried this:
-* Begin HTML Output
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<table><tr><td>
[my heading code]</td></tr><tr><td>

!IBI.FIL.FILEA;
</td></tr></table>
-HTMLFORM END
-RUN
-EXIT

And the heading STILL comes out at the very bottom of the page. Right now there is just plain text in [my heading code] and no style, etc that would force it to be at the bottom of the page.

FILEA's hold statement:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML AS FILEA

Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BDAVIS,

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF

Posts: 46 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: June 04, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try:

ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE AS FILEA

Also, after the report displays, right click anywhere on the report and select View Source from the pop-up menu. Scroll down to bottom of the source output and you may discover the cause of the problem.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I've tried that and it does the same thing. Also, there is nothing odd about the HTML code. It would look like one had intended to put the header at the bottom of the page.

There is a focus error in there, possibly this could be it.
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE AS FILEA
(FOC36225) UNABLE TO OPEN FILE FILEA SPECIFIED BY WEBFOCUS TABLE

What's wrong with my table, though?
TABLE FILE FINAL

ON TABLE SET SHOWBLANKS OFF
-* Only thing that will remove the gap at the top of this report
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE

PRINT  
RECEIVED_CODE AS ''
RECEIVED_DATE AS ''
RECEIVED_QTY AS ''
	BY PR_NUMBER NOPRINT
	BY ORDER_SEQUENCE NOPRINT
	BY ITEM_NUMBER NOPRINT 
SUBHEAD
"<ITEM_NUMBER> <ITEM_LINE_A>  "
SUBFOOT
"<DEND>"

END
-RUN

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The END statement must come after the ON TABLE HOLD statement.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
bingo.
thanks.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You should put the line
before the END.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Pang

DEV: WF 7.6.10
TEST: WF 7.6.10
PROD: WF 7.6.10
MRE: WF 7.6.4
OS/Platform: Windows
Dev Studio: WF 7.7
Output: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, GRAPH, LOTUS, CSV

Posts: 117 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: February 29, 2008Report This Post