Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     launch page radio buttons for variable

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
launch page radio buttons for variable
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I need to create a launch page where the user can choose the type of date range: daily, week-to-date, month-to-date, etc.

At the top of the focexec, the code will branch to the logic for creating the beginning and ending dates, given the user's choice of date range, as shown below. The TABLE request has one WHERE statement: WHERE DATE_FIELD GE &BEGIN_DATE AND DATE_FIELD LE &END_DATE;

-GOTO &DATE_RANGE

-DAILY
-GOTO TABLE_REQUEST

-WTD
-GOTO TABLE_REQUEST

And so on.

WHERE statements are the basis of the controls in the HTML Layout Painter. How can I get the HTML Layout Painter to have radio buttons for &DATE_RANGE?

And if that's not enough, an option is "custom", meaning the user can supply any beginning and ending date. If the user chooses "custom", an input box for the beginning date and an input box for the ending date need to be available and pass their values to the focexec.

Please advise.

Thank you,

John

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

I am going to assume that you are working with 7.x or above because you reference the HTML Layout Painter, not the Resource Layout Painter, and will try to answer your question accordingly. However, please update your profile signature with your release and platform so that we can more easily help you.

If you have &DATE_RANGE, &BEG_DAT, and &END_DATE in your program, create a page using the HTML Layout Painter and put a button on it. Right-click the button and choose hyperlink properties. In the window that comes up, choose external procedure to run and all the other stuff that goes with it. When you click OK, you should see a window that has all of your amper variables in it. They should be all checked. To the right is a column where you can choose what kind of control you want to have. Radio button is one of the controls. You can always change it later under Parameters.

Down at the bottom of this window is a pulldown box that asks you if you want to create a form or not. I always choose no but that is personal preference. I want the ability to move my text independently of my control.

Let us know how it goes.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post