Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED WORK AROUND]DBMS Security not closing Connections

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED WORK AROUND]DBMS Security not closing Connections
 Login/Join

Master
posted
has anyone experienced an issue with the Managed Reporting Administartion not closing its connections to the Database? I have configured my Development Client to use Oracle Authentication/Authorization. I have 1000 test users in the WF_MRUSERS table. When I query it using the MRAdministration tool it will continuously create connections instead of pooling them. I have currently set my max connections to 30, but the tool will not release those connections when the query has finished or when I logout of Managed Reporting Administration.

Any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I've opened up a case with IBI on this one. They say they have found an error in my trace file that is currently in programming to be resolved. I didn't get any information on what this error was or what the actual problem is though. I'm hoping to be able to talk to programming about it so I can get some more information soon. I will update as soon as I know what the problem is.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I spoke with IBI regarding this and apparently there is some bug where if your password is greater then 4 character, you get the issue I was experiencing. I trimmed my passwords that I was loading to 4 and I was able to load the users without an issue. With this workaround I was able to access my users through the MR Admin tool and loaded 1000 test users in with no issues. To my knowledge IBI is actively working on a resolution to this.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Any idea whether this is specific to Oracle RDBMs?

We don't use MRE, but our report caster is running from an MS SQL database and our password is longer than 4 characters (of course it is!). Could we be affected by this?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
if you were affected by this, you would now.

IBI wasn't very forthcoming with what the issue really is on this one. They didn't want to get into any details so I don't know if this is specific to Oracle or not. My guess is that this has to do with us using ETL to load the users and not the normal MR Admin Tool processes.

When I put my 1000 test users back into my table, I added a few users to the table with passwords and didn't have any issues. The tool creates a 31 character encrypted string. This didn't create any issues in my small test. So it might have something to do with my passwords not matching with the normal length encryption. To be honest, the whole thing just doesn't make any sense to me.

I really do wish that they weren't so secretive about it. It makes it hard to put in the appropriate safe guards and to code properly, when I don't know what I'm coding for. But for now I'll just have to move forward with this and hope that user 10,001 doesn't cause an issue.

luckily for us, we are using SSO for authentication, so the password really doesn't mean anything. We just need something in there.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2