Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOC1400 table not found

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC1400 table not found
 Login/Join

posted
I am facing an issue while accessing the db2 table through Focus program.

JOIN XCDUNUM IN TEMPCUST TO CIN_NO IN CUSTRES AS JC         
DEFINE FILE TEMPCUST                                        
ACUSTID/A10=EDIT(CIN_NO);                                   
END                                                         
TABLEF FILE TEMPCUST                                        

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -204 (HEX: FFFFFF34)                             
(FOC1409) SQL TABLE NOT FOUND. (FOR TABLE: CHECK SEGNAME AND TABLE)   
(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.  : CUSTREF                           

CUSTRES is the table name which is exist in the Access file
will you help me how to resolve it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
First, I'll verify if ACX file does really link to CUSTRES because seems that it looks for CUSTREF. Master (.MAS) and access (.ACX) must match. You can also do a CHECK on master file with a right click on .MAS and select CHECK.

Second, maybe by adding an END between the JOIN and the DEFINE may help. In other words : at the end of JOIN.

Third, if step -1- and -2- did not resolved the issue, try:
TABLE FILE CUSTRES
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMTI EQ 1;
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 1;
END

To insure that the table is accessible.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sravan:
I am facing an issue while accessing the db2 table through Focus program.

JOIN XCDUNUM IN TEMPCUST TO CIN_NO IN CUSTRES AS JC         
DEFINE FILE TEMPCUST                                        
ACUSTID/A10=EDIT(CIN_NO);                                   
END                                                         
TABLEF FILE TEMPCUST                                        

(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.  : CUSTREF                           

CUSTRES is the table name which is exist in the Access file
will you help me how to resolve it

I Checked the above two possiblieties those are fine and when i tried
TABLE FILE CUSTRES
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMTI EQ 1;
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 1;
END

it is giving the same eroor
(FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : CUSTRES

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Sravan,

This is an error coming from db2, not focus. The first thing I would do is check what user is being used to connect to db2 and make sureally that user has read rights to the table. When you open the .acx file it will tell you what adapter is being used. You can then look at the properties of the adapter to see what user you are connecting with. If you have verified the user has access to the table, then I would go back to the .acx file and check whether you are specifying the correct schema for the table. It's possible that if you are using a different user to connect then the one that owns the table, you would need to specify the schema and that might be missing.

If you are having trouble reading the .acx file, post it up here and we can help you read it.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
OR, the mas and acx files are in a folder not on the APP PATH

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
"SQL TABLE NOT FOUND" tells me the SQL table has been deleted or moved to a server or database schema different from the ones specified in the ACX file. You could also check that the server specified in the EDASPROF.PRF connection string is the same as the one in the ACX (although if the connection string was the problem I would expect a permissions error instead of a table error). If all else fails, delete and then re-create the synonym.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post