Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE login problems
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi, we are having problems logging into MRE and I was wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences or may know what is wrong.

We are using MySQL as our database for MRE users and supposedly it goes inactive after 8 hours of inactivity. So everything I come in in the morning to test MRE/dashboard it takes 3 unsuccessful login attempts before it actually lets me log in successfully. I tried changing the JDBC driver URL to include autoReconnect=true (according to MySQLs documentation) at the end but then it wont let me login at all.

I submitted a case with IBI already but they have not come up with a solution yet besides migrating to SQL server which really is not an option.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shot in the dark here, but what about using JNDI. That way your app server will be in control of the URL and the authReconnect=true option.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not fimilar with JNDI, what would setting it up that way involve?

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not really sure ... I would suggest calling help desk to get thier input.

I've used JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface) for setting up abstract connections for custom security options under web focus. The initial setup for any JNDI connection is done at the app server level for the specific application context (ibi_apps in this case). The idea is that the application server is in control of the connection, and the application can request the resource via a logical JNDI name. For me this is important, because I can build and test with any JDBC complient database, and deploy under any other JDBC complient database without having to recompile my java code.

JNDI is a java standard way of controlling access to LDAP, JDBC etc, so I would be supprised if IBI has not been asked support this in one form or another.

But, as I stated in the first message, this is a shot in the dark!

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post