Focal Point
[CLOSED] Report Timed Out

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9447004186

March 22, 2016, 11:03 AM
RMM
[CLOSED] Report Timed Out
I have 2 users that use a report for the better part of the day. They access the report through my company's WebFOCUS portal and keep the report up to view from time to time. They regularly refresh (F5) the report as well, but after not refreshing the report for like 20 minutes or so, the report times out on them. What is the best way to resolve this issue? I believe it would be to increase the IE KeepAliveTimeout value on their 2 machines. I don't think raising the Apache Tomcat web server KeepAlive function would be beneficial since it would slow the server down overall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 22, 2016, 11:07 AM
Squatch
There is a portal refresh option in my version of WebFOCUS. If it is available in your version, you could set it to refresh every so often. That might prevent the report from timing out as well.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
March 22, 2016, 11:52 AM
RMM
Where is this portal refresh option?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 22, 2016, 01:09 PM
Squatch
When you first drag a resource into a portal panel, at the bottom there should be a "Properties" tab. Underneath it should read "WebFOCUS Resource" followed by an "Auto Refresh" checkbox to the right. Below that will be a "seconds" count that you can change. It can go up to 100 seconds before it has to refresh again.

I'm not sure when it was introduced, but I think it was recently. It is present in 8.1.05.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
March 22, 2016, 05:18 PM
Waz
Its in 8.1.04 as well

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

March 25, 2016, 05:10 PM
RMM
That will not work. IT only goes up to 99 seconds. I'll probably create a reload button to reestablish the TCP/IP connection.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 28, 2016, 10:34 AM
eric.woerle
RMM,

The timeout you are experiencing isn't from the report itself timing out. It sounds like it is the users log in getting disconnected. How are you connecting to the portal? are you using a third party SSO for authentication? Is all of your security handled by WebFOCUS. If its all handled by WebFOCUS, you can look at the Administration console and see if you can adjust the length of a user session, otherwise if your using SSO, you would have to talk to the person in charge of that tool to see how long a session remains active.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
October 27, 2016, 02:25 PM
Doug
OK, so now that I have a WebFOCUS Resource embedded in a tab in my portal, with an auto refresh. Now I want to change the duration. However, I don't see the auto refresh setting when I edit the portal. So, how do I change that timing on it?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
June 14, 2017, 05:48 PM
Todd_Wallace
Ran across this old thread and am trying to do something similar. I did not find a way to change the duration but if you put it on the portal again you can set it the first time again. So recreate it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows-iSeries DB2, All Outputs
HTML