Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] getting column title underline to span width of field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] getting column title underline to span width of field
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How do you get the column title underline to span the full width of the field if the field is wider than than the column title?

Thank you,

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JohnB, it's not possible. Any trickery we come up with will depend on the format of the report - HTML, PDF, EXL2K...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It would only be needed for HTML and PDF.

Posts: 225 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you get away with this:
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N2,BORDER-BOTTOM=MEDIUM,$
Use "COLUMN=N2" as required.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Any solutions people come up with will be quite different for HTML and PDF. For PDF, using CSS styling you may be able to add a border-bottom to the table cells that contain the column titles, but you will require some spacing between each cell or the borders will stick together.

Here is a quick and dirty HTML example:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
HEADING
"WEBFOCUS REPORT"
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, $
TYPE=TITLE, CLASS=COLTITLE, $
ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<STYLE>
BODY { font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; }

TD { font-size: 12px; }
U { text-decoration: none; }
.COLTITLE { color: navy; border-bottom: 2px solid navy; }
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
!IBI.FIL.H001;
</BODY>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

The styling for "U" is to remove the text underline that WebFOCUS puts on the column titles.

I don't have a quick solution for PDF, but someone else may have.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Somebody's not spending enough time with their "Summary of New Features" manual. Smiler

Here you go. Version 7.6.9 required:
Syntax: How to Extend an Underline to the Entire Report Column
TYPE = TITLE, [COLUMN = colspec,] STYLE = [+|-]EXTUNDERLINE ,$
where:

colspec
Is any valid column specification.

+EXTUNDERLINE
Adds the EXTUNDERLINE option to the inherited text style or specifies a combination of text styles (for example, STYLE=BOLD+UNDERLINE).

-EXTUNDERLINE
Removes the EXTUNDERLINE option from the inherited text style.

Reference: Usage Notes for the EXTUNDERLINE Attribute
HTML format is not supported because the browser calculates the column width and renders the report.
GRID=ON and EXTUNDERLINE are mutually exclusive since the GRID line spans the width of the column. GRID overrides any styling specified for the column title underline.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yikes!!! Darin, I've got some reading to do! Sorry John B.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Version 7.6.9

Well, I'm on poor old v7.6.5 and JohnB is on v7.6.8.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Hey Francis -- no problem.

Expert
posted Hide Post
"Yikes"... Me too "not spending enough time with their 'Summary of New Features' manual"... A lot of catching up... I'm on 764. Of course, different formats as well... "How to Extend an Underline to the Entire Report Column" does not apply to HTML. Does it apply to EXL2K and PDF? I'm hoping so.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I realized that this would not help solve the current problem as it would require an upgrade to get the functionality, but I had just read this a couple days ago, so I wanted to make you aware that is is now available. For those on previous version (which sounds like everybody) you'll have to resort to some of that "trickery."

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A little wait is fine...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Does the 7.6.9 New Feature work in 7.6.8 ?

Sometimes these are in existence in previous releases and when IBI is happy gets added to the docco.

Doesn't work in 7.6.6

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
An even more important question, "Does a 7.6.8 new feature work in 7.6.9?" Music

Francis

<JG>
posted
It depends, they do seem to have the ability to break an awful lot of things between releases
and even when they issue hotfixes.

7.6.9 Hotfix 1 is still available for download even though it seems it should be called 7.6.9 Breakfix 1.

Report This Post