Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to populate combobox with the data fetched from the table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to populate combobox with the data fetched from the table
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I am pasting my code below.
I am basically trying to fetch data from the database using a procedure.The procedure returns me P_REPORT.Then i call a HTML page that allows the users to execute four different options.I need the P_REPORT to be assigned to a as a hidden field inside my HTML BEGIN so that i can use it in furthure processing.However i am not able assign P_REPORT to the hidden input text box as i dont know the syntax.I am able to display it using
!IBI.FIL.&P_REPORT;.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aditya,

Expert
posted Hide Post
That's because you do not have an !IBI.FIL.&P_REPORT; this is due to the fact that you have the line in your code -

ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE AS REPORT

so your inclusion should be !IBI.FIL.REPORT;

Also, when you include HTML on this forum, use the code tags enclosed in square brackets (e.g. [ code] and [/code] without spaces) and then we won't have the problem of trying to read your HTML.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The IBI.FIL command needs to be on its own line.

Try:

<input type="text" value="
!IBI.FIL.REPORT;
">

Tewy

WF 7.6.11
Output: HTML, PDF, Excel

Posts: 123 | Location: UK | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can always edit it again to insert the []

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Not really the effect required Smiler

Delete your last two postings. You do this by clicking on the icon showing a folder overlaid with a pencil. Select Delete and then confirm you want to delete it.

Now edit the one before my last post. Again use the folder and pencil icon to get to the edit.

Go to the beginning of your code and insert [ code] (without the space) before the first piece of code.

Now go to the very end of your code and insert [/code] after it.

Now you should be OK.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986