Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Populate Textbox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Populate Textbox
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to figure out the best way to go about populating a textbox with the single value that is retrieved from a fex. For instance we currently associate a company name with the user_profile in our MR environment. I have written a FEX to select the company based on the MR user. But I'm not sure how best to get this into the hidden textbox so it can be used in other queries. Any help is, as always, appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DW Marker,

WF 7.6.4
Windows XP and UNIX

<JJI>
posted
What do you want to do? Use the value of the company in a where clause in other reports?

I have the feeling that you not realy need a textbox but a variable that is available for every report you run.

Please give us more info so we can help you.

You could look into the _site_profile variable in the Configuration section of the WF administrion console. There you can use an include of your fex so it's ran for every report. A value for _site_profile could be like this: -INCLUDE yourfex\n
Make sure that you use a -READ with a &&variable. Here is an example:

TABLE FILE COMPANY
PRINT
     COMP_NAME
WHERE UP_USR_NAME EQ '&STRIP_USER';
ON TABLE SAVE AS TMPCOMP FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-READ TMPCOMP  &&CMPNAME.20.

-RUN

Hope this helps,

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Definite brain cramp on my part. While we won't need it on every request. It would make sense to just do this as part of the _site_profile, and not make it a function of the UI where it really isn't needed.

WF 7.6.4
Windows XP and UNIX