Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] One Tabular Report From Two Tables

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] One Tabular Report From Two Tables
 Login/Join

posted
Dear All,

How do I get one consolidated tabular final report without displaying the two tables.

Secondly, when I added last part of the code the result is not the expected result.

Column 5 & 6 reported same figure as per column 1 & 3 where it should only report status EQ 'NP'.

Would appreciate it if anyone could assist.

Thanks...JS

Below is the code snippet:

TABLE FILE ABC
SUM
CNT.OFA/I7C AS 'TOTAL ACCOUNT'
KRBKRD/D15.2C AS 'TOTAL FINANCING LIMIT'
OFA/D12.2C AS 'TOTAL OUTSTANDING'
COMPUTE PCT/D6.2% = OFA / KRBKRD * 100; AS '% OFA VS FLIMIT'
BY FLIMIT NOPRINT
BY LIMIT
ON TABLE PRINT
END

TABLE FILE ABC
SUM
CNT.OFA/I7C AS 'NON PERFORMING ACC'
OFA/D12.2C AS 'NON PERFORMING AMT'
WHERE STATUS EQ 'NP';
BY FLIMIT NOPRINT
BY LIMIT
ON TABLE PRINT
END

--------------------------------
TABLE FILE ABC
SUM
CNT.OFA/I7C AS 'TOTAL ACCOUNT'
KRBKRD/D15.2C AS 'TOTAL FINANCING LIMIT'
OFA/D12.2C AS 'TOTAL OUTSTANDING'
COMPUTE PCT/D6.2% = OFA / KRBKRD * 100; AS '% OFA VS FLIMIT'
CNT.OFA/I7C AS 'NON PERFORMING ACC'
OFA/D12.2C AS 'NON PERFORMING AMT'
BY FLIMIT NOPRINT
BY LIMIT
---------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JS,

R7.7.0.1
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 15 | Location: Malaysia | Registered: January 19, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Look into using MATCH logic.

I would also look at FML for the future as that may provide useful functionality for you.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Another option is to use FILEDEF APPEND and "hold" each output to the one file, then report of that.

Also,

ON TABLE PRINT

Whats this ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Tony & Waz,

I have tried the MATCH logic. Didn't get the result. Will explore on the FML and retry on MATCH later.

As for the FILEDEF APPEND, I got the result but not the tabular report layout that user desired.

I got a question on FILEDEF APPEND, can it be appended to the "right"?

Thanks...JS

p/s sorry for the late reply. 12 hours different time zone.

R7.7.0.1
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
When using APPEND, you need to keep in mind that you are adding records to the end of a file.

If there are more/different columns in the files, then the file written should have all the columns, defaulting any that do no exist.

Make sure that they are in the same order and all the sizes are the same.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Waz,

Thank you for the updates.

Will simulate again with APPEND.

Regards...JS

R7.7.0.1
Windows, All Outputs