Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Call to an FEX file from htm is working whereas from another FEX is failing.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Call to an FEX file from htm is working whereas from another FEX is failing.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

Please look at to the code below.

formsbmt.fex
----------------

TABLE FILE WFTST_LONG
PRINT
ID
WHERE ID EQ 1
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='SCREEN',
     LEFTMARGIN=0.000000,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.000000,
     TOPMARGIN=0.000000,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.000000,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     JAVASCRIPT=do_pass,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<title>Insert FTM file in Select</title>
</head>
<body>
<form name=form action=WFServlet target=_blank>
<input type=hidden name=IBIF_ex value=showvals.fex>
<textarea name=tarea2 style="position:absolute; top:180; left:200;" rows="10" cols="72" value=" ">
</textarea>
</form>
<script language=javascript>
function do_pass() {
var x = confirm("Sure?");
if (x)
{
  TXobj = document.getElementById("tarea2");
  TXobj.value = escape(TXobj.value);
  document.getElementById("form").submit();
  return true;
}
  else
{
  return false;
}
}
</script>
</body>
</html>
-HTBLFORM END

Showvals.fex
--------------
- TYPE tarea2 &tarea2

My FEXs are stored under EDASERVE--> applications--->johney

When executing the formsbmt.fex after entering some value (I entered a value as "johney") and click on the link appears on the data element , it is trying to call the showvals.fex but unable to locate it.

It is showing me an error

Not Found
The requested URL /approot/johney/WFServlet was not found on this server.

Following is the address in the IE it took.

http://servername.com:23000/approot/johney/WFServle...ls.fex&tarea2=johney

When I removed the table file and placed a button to call the do_pass function it is working fine. Where did it go wrong when tried with Javascript call method. I am pasting a code which worked well.

formsbmt.fex
----------------

Note:- If I copy the below code and make and htm without -HTMLFORM tags , it is also working perfectly.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<body>
<form name=form action=WFServlet target=_blank>
<input type=hidden name=IBIF_ex value=showvals.fex>
<textarea name=tarea2 style="position:absolute; top:180; left:200;" rows="10" cols="72" value=" ">
</textarea>
<INPUT  onclick="do_pass();" style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: 470px; LEFT: 160px; WIDTH:
                                      80px; HEIGHT: 30px;" type="button" value=Submit>

</form>
<script language=javascript>
function do_pass() {
var x = confirm("Sure?");
if (x)
{
  TXobj = document.getElementById("tarea2");
  TXobj.value = escape(TXobj.value);
  document.getElementById("form").submit();
  return true;
}
  else
{
  return false;
}
}
</script>
</body>
</html>
-HTBLFORM END

It called the showvals.fex correctly and IE addressbar shows like,

http://servername.com:23000/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF...ls.fex&tarea2=johney

Major difference I could notice is that , when I remove any FEX related code then it correctly located to servername.com:23000/ibi_apps/
where as when we added FEX commands and do a submit it located to
servername.com:23000/approot/johney/

Why ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Johney.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: johney,

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Try adding hidden input variable IBIAPP_app to point to the directory. If the johney directory is not in the global path, it won't be found because you are not running as your id at the moment that is happening.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johney,
The action part in your form should read 'action=/ibi_apps/WFServlet', not just WFServlet.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you GamP ,It worked... That was is the issue . Thanks a lot.

Ginny , I will try your suggestion also . I am curious to learn different techniques in Webfocus.

Version 7.6.11
Webfocus installed in AIX 5.3,
desktop PC: Windows-XP based
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF