Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster API
 Login/Join

<shaileshligade>
posted
Hello,

I am new to report caster API.

Is there a way to add new Distribution to report caster? I want all my reports to be saved into my content management system. Is there a way to setup a java callback when report caster runs the report?

Thanks

Shailesh

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The report caster API is strickly used for interacting with RC pre-existing functions. Treat RC like a black box. You will not be able to implement a callback or listen for internal events. There should be a couple of ways to do what you want without having to even use the RCAPI.

Does your CMS have its own file system listeners? Email listeners?

If not, something I've done in the past is have RC email the scheduled content to an iWay Email Listener that was configured to extract the document and place into a third party DMS, using rules that were sent as part of the email message body.

In your case it should be easier to have RC FTP the report to the file system and have your CMS pick it up from there.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
<shaileshligade>
posted
Thanks dhagen,

I have FTP site which I works form command line. Where in the RC GUI I need to type in port for this FTP site? It doesn't use standard FTP port. I tried 'hostnameRazzerort' & 'hostanme port', but I always 550 error back. Also, how I can specify FTP directory name if directory name has space in it? What is disctribution file in this context? How I can specify one? Any suggestions?

Shailesh

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where in the RC GUI I need to type in port for this FTP site?

Open a case with the Help Desk to see what can be done.

quote:
Also, how I can specify FTP directory name if directory name has space in it?

Create a virtual directory name without spaces.

quote:
What is disctribution file in this context? How I can specify one?

Read the documentation, it is in there somewhere.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post