Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] AHTML Not Rending

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] AHTML Not Rending
 Login/Join

<AM>
posted
I have a report that I am using USER output, and have the default = AHTML. When I run the report in all other formats the report renders, but when I run the report selecting AHTML the report does nor render to the screen, no errors messages? Any Idea's

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have a license for AHTML output for that server? You can generate AHTML output locally using DevStudio, but to run it on a server requires an additional license.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<AM>
posted
Yes the default was AHTML and it was running fine until I added ALL to one of the parameters.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So how many lines are you expecting and what browser are you using? IE6 with 10,000 lines ... it will look like it is not rendering ... it's just that IE6 java script is very slow. FF3 or IE8 are much better. 1000 lines should work in any ... but there is still an IE6 delay.

Can you make a repro with GGSALES?

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
<AM>
posted
I ran the query and it is about 2500 lines. And I am using IE6. It does seem to be an issue with the browser. When I run the report It looks like it has not rendered, but if I right click a small AHTML menu popus up but only gives me an option to filter on one column, one value, if I do the report is there but just for that one item, if I try to select all records, nothing.

here is my current report text file:

-* File eolmonthlyapplication.fex
-DEFAULT &WFFMT = AHTML
SET LINES = 99999
SET PAGE-NUM = NOPAGE

-*SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
TABLE FILE HLD_EOLAPPLICATIONDATA
PRINT
APP_NAME AS 'Application'
STAGE1_2/I5 AS 'Stage 1/2'
STAGE3/I5 AS 'Stage 3'
STAGE4/I5 AS 'Stage 4'
STAGE_TOTAL/I5 AS 'Stage Total'
COMPUTE CalcPercent/D5.1% = PERCENT_COMPLIANCE * 100; AS '% Complete'
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"EOL Monthly Application Data"
HEADING
"Business Unit: "Month: "App Criticality: WHERE DATA_TYPE EQ '&DATA_TYPE.(FIND DATA_TYPE IN HLD_EOLAPPLICATIONDATA).Select a Category.';
WHERE BU_DETAIL EQ &BU_DETAIL.(OR(FIND BU_DETAIL IN hld_eolapplicationdata_budetail)).Select a Business Unit.;
WHERE CRITICALITY_CODE EQ &CRITICALITY_CODE.(OR(FIND CRITICALITY_CODE IN hld_eolapplicationdata_appcodes)).Criticality Code.;
WHERE MONTH_ENDING EQ '&MONTH_ENDING.(FIND MONTH_ENDING IN HLD_EOLAPPLICATIONDATA).Select a Month.';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(,,,,,).Select type of display output.
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a limitation with the number of cells that your browser can handle on the client side. If you have too many cells you may get a blank screen. The alternative is to have your AHTML generated on the server side. I think the instruction to do that is FOCCACHE. I also believe it is used with ON TABLE HOLD AS statement. As you can probably tell I have not had the oppportunity to use it yet. Smiler

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try adding a sort (BY ...) phrase.

Also, the reformatting (/I5) and COMPUTE in your PRINT request add NOPRINT columns to the internal matrix (not sure whether that adds to the size of the AHTML result file, but why temp fate?) -- you can move them up to a
DEFINE FILE HLD_EOLAPPLICATIONDATA
and just reference the defined fields in TABLE.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post