Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Odd Data Setup -- Stacked Line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Odd Data Setup -- Stacked Line
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,

I have a request to stacked line graph, but can't seem to get it to go correctly.

Google Doc Link: Google Doc Example

The data Setup is the same as the google docs document with Item, WHSE, Year going down and 13 columns for periods.

For charting does my data need to be Item, WHSE, YEAR, VALUE going down vs. in column data?

The Chart should have Periods on the X, Value on the Y. Each year should have a seperate line on the stacked line.

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 7703 Outputs all
Windows 7 32
DB2 CLI

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi John C.,

Please open a case on InfoResponse Online so that we can work with you on getting this chart set up correctly.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

To get the data into what you need for the graph you will need to have a value for each year within a period. Currently you have a value for each period within a year.

Confused? So am I after reading that Wink

You have :-
Year Period1 Period2 Period3 etc.

You need :-
Period Year2011 Year2012 Year2013

So that you can use
SUM Year2011 Year2012 Year2013
BY Period

One method (there will probably be others) of achieving this would be -
FILEDEF JOHNCDATA DISK ibexamples/JOHNCDATA.CSV
FILEDEF TEMPDATA DISK TEMPDATA.FTM (APPEND
-RUN

-REPEAT :Loop_1 FOR &Cnt FROM 1 TO 13;
DEFINE FILE JOHNCDATA
  D_PERIOD/I4  = &Cnt;
  Y2011/I9     = IF YEAR EQ 2011 THEN P&Cnt.EVAL_DEMAND ELSE 0;
  Y2012/I9     = IF YEAR EQ 2012 THEN P&Cnt.EVAL_DEMAND ELSE 0;
  Y2013/I9     = IF YEAR EQ 2013 THEN P&Cnt.EVAL_DEMAND ELSE 0;
END

TABLE FILE JOHNCDATA
  SUM Y2011 Y2012 Y2013
   BY D_PERIOD
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPDATA FORMAT ALPHA
END
-:Loop_1

GRAPH FILE TEMPDATA
  SUM Y2011 Y2012 Y2013
   BY D_PERIOD
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VLINSTK
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
END
-RUN

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post