Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Hiding fields in Report Assistant

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hiding fields in Report Assistant
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
For training purposes I created a reporting object that includes enough filtering criteria (at least I thought) to make classroom examples run quickly.
Turns out our star schema running on DB2 MF still took in excess of 5 minutes to retrieve simple requests. I found including other fields in my request made the report run in under 1 minute. I guess DB2 handled the indexes differently. Print [fieldname] NOPRINT in the reporting object for a number of fields did the trick.
However, when a user creates a new report via RA based from the reporting object they can see all the NOPRINT fields in the print/sum selection box.
My question is can they be masked to not show up similar to the reporting object's WHERE fields?
These aren't fields I can mask out of RA entirely as they are useful fields (i.e. Acct #, Order # etc.).
Any ideas?

wf 767 running on w2k3 srvr

Posts: 46 | Registered: September 22, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi ShawnS,

I checked with our internal people and was told that, regarding the Report Assistant hiding noprint fields, that is not a capability in the product.

If you would like to submit a New Feature Request (NFR), the right channel to do so would be to contact Information Builders' Customer Support Services and open a case. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com. Here is a list of information to be ready when you call: http://techsupport.ibi.com/before_you_call.jsp.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post