Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Compound Reports
 Login/Join

<Andr33a>
posted
Hello,
Can anybody help me with two compound reports?
I have two reports: In the first I put:
-SET COMPOUND = OPEN and
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
In the second I put:
- SET COMPOUND = CLOSE and
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE
I create a third report in which I have:
-SET COMPOUND = OPEN
-INCLUDE test1
-SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
-INCLUDE test2
where test1,test2 is the name of the fex (first and second reports) .
When I try to execute the report, I get an No HTML Output page.
What is wrong in what I do? Is another option to do that?
I have an WEbFOCUS version533.
Thank your for your response,

Andreea

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anybody help me with two compound reports?
I have two reports: In the first I put:
-SET COMPOUND = OPEN and
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
In the second I put:
- SET COMPOUND = CLOSE and
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE
I create a third report in which I have:
-SET COMPOUND = OPEN
-INCLUDE test1
-SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
-INCLUDE test2

Never used the open and close on a format, but I don't believe you should have the first -set compound = close just one at the end.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<RickW>
posted
You need to remove the hyphen on the SET commands - i.e. SET COMPOUND = OPEN NOT -SET

try something this

SET COMPOUND = OPEN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Andreea,

Has this issue been resolved? Did Leah and Rick's suggestions help you? Many thanks to both Leah and Rick. Smiler

One of our internal people reviewed the topic and here are some topics that may be of interest:

How to Create a Compound Report in WebFOCUS

Creating compound reports in EXL2K

How to place multiple reports onto an EXCEL worksheet?

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<Andr33a>
posted
Hello,
Thank you all for yours response;
I have done what you suggested me, the report works fine(I have no errors right now) but I have another problem:
The generated report Excel contains multiple sheets (one for each report) and I would like to have only one sheet (in which I have all the reports).
Thank you for your future responses Wink

Andreea

PS: Kerry, thank your for the links, but I can't open it. I can't create an account because I don't have all the informations concerning the maintenance contract between my company and Information Builders.
Could you please help me with those documents?

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
To have them on one page, use the NOBREAK command on the compound report statements. It is in the documentation with the rest of the commands.
SET COMPOUND = OPEN NOBREAK  (for the first one)
SET COMPOUND = NOBREAK (for middle ones)
or
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN NOBREAK
(etc)

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
<Andr33a>
posted
Hello all,
Thanks a lot Kerry for the links (I could finally get them). Those docs helped me a lot and also the sugestions that N.Selph gave me.
I have now the report as I wanted,

Thanks again for your help and sorry that I didn't answer earlier.
Andreea

Report This Post