Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] wRONG OUTPUT

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] wRONG OUTPUT
 Login/Join

<Vijaya_settu>
posted
when i hold my table i got the following output.But when I try to print the output as html, pdf or exl2k, it is giving only around 20,000 record it is not giving all the records. I appreciate any thougts or suggestion regarding this issue.
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 929108 LINES= 119285

Thank you
Vijaya

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
More than likely it has to be a coding issue but we cannot see your code unless you post it.

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Uh, you want 119,00 lines of data to display in a browser window? (Or an 1800 page PDF file?) Better add another few GB of memory to your machine.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Thanks both of you , When I ran this report as a hold file the output is 119285 record. When try to open the output in PDF format it didnot give all the records , it gives only 20000 record. I know exl2k gives only 65000 record limit. Do we any record limit for opening this much record 119285 record in PDF ot HTML Format also. I've attached my code below.
I appreciate any thoughts or suggestion regarding this issue.I've attached my code below.

TABLE FILE STUDENTfile
SUM
STC_PERSON_ID AS 'Student id'
LAST_NAME AS 'Last Name'
FIRST_NAME AS 'First Name'
STC_CUM_CONTRIB_CMPL_CRED/D6.1
BY STC_PERSON_ID NOPRINT
WHERE ( STC_STATUS EQ 'A' OR 'N' );
WHERE (( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2001) OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2002)
OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2003) OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2004)
OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2005) OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2006)
OR ( TERM_REPORTING_YEAR EQ 2007));
WHERE TOTAL (STC_CMPL_CRED GE 24);
-*ON TABLE HOLD AS FINALHOLD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

There's your answer -- As was undoubtedly indicated by a message line immediately following
NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 929108 LINES= 119285

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:

Your use of WHERE TOTAL is not technically valid, even though it does work.
To be valid STC_CMPL_CRED must be a verb object processed by using SUM or COUNT as the verb,
or have a prefix operator such as AVE. or PCT. etc.

STC_CMPL_CRED does not appear in your request.

I would correct this as in future releases code tightening may cause you problems.

But as Jack says when using WHERE TOTAL you get an additional message
(BEFORE TOTAL TESTS)

To check how many rows have been held issue the following immediately after you create your file
(providing it is not an output format)

TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM WH$$$T1
END

or use

ON TABLE HOLD AS FINALHOLD
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE FINALHOLD
PRINT *
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
&LINES will then show you the correct number of lines.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
And if you really want to know if the entire report is displayed add ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"END OF REPORT"

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Thank you all of you , I got the right output.

Report This Post