Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTTP 500 error while running a report in MRE from Developer Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTTP 500 error while running a report in MRE from Developer Studio
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,
I am getting following error while executing reports in Managed Reporting Environment.

An HTTP 500 error has been returned when attempting to communicate with the WebFOCUS web components. The application server log contains information on why this error has occurred. Contact your WebFOCUS Administrator or Information Builders Customer Support Services for further assistance.

I checked various many blogs for following error. I tried the suggested method. I deleted personal.xml file. But, it doesn't work out. Can somebody please suggest anything i can do to get it working.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try to locate the servlet log file. It may contain some more information about what is going on. If you're using tomcat, it is located in tomcat's program directory, subdir logs.
The error can be in any one of the files, most likely one is the stderr file.
If something like this happens to me, first thing I do is to stop tomcat, delete all files in the logs directory, restart tomcat and reproduce the problem. That way you will have a fresh set of files to work with.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Have you tried HTTP 500 Help ?

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Check the Tomcat log to see what errors you are getting.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have tried HTTP 500 help. I deleted personal.xml file and checked again. But with no luck.
JG, I am using Websphere application server and IHS server.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Master
posted Hide Post
You will have to give us the code and the servlet trace.

I assume you can successfully run the same code as applications from ds for instance.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For issues like this, I would open a case with Technical Support. That's what they are there for.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Chirag,

You still need to look at the application server log because that is where the
error detail will give you a probable cause.

Look at the error message.

"The application server log contains information on why this error has occurred.""

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This error occurs for many different reasons, usually a coding issue. I would use the process of elimination. If it's a long program with many HOLD files before the final report, I'd stick a -EXIT after the first END staement. The the program works, move the -EXIT to after the next END, until you arrive to the piece of code that generates the error. Simplify that piece of code, then keep adding the lines back until the error occurs - you may then see what the problem is. On the other hand, could it be a timeout issue, the program running too long?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post