Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     data for last month?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
data for last month?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a report that I am trying to copy. It is currently laid out in an excel spread sheet and users get data from several places and put the data in. It is grouped by month and one month row would have all the tickets opened that month, all the tickets closed that month and all the tickets opened from the month before.

My code is

TABLE FILE CALLLOG
SUM
CNT.CALLID AS 'TOTAL CALLS, TAKEN'
BY
OPENMONTH
WHERE ( RECDDATE GE '01/01/2005' );

This gets me the first thing that I want which would be the total calls opened that month. But how can I in that same row grouped by that date put in Total calls Closed that month. The by would be different for that particular data as it would be by CLOSEMONTH.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head, how about trying a MATCH? I assume OPENMONTH and CLOSEMONTH are the same format (or else this won't work).

MATCH FILE CALLLOG
SUM CNT.CALLID AS 'CALLS_TAKEN'
BY OPENMONTH AS 'MONTH'
WHERE ( RECDDATE GE '01/01/2005' )
RUN
FILE CALLLOG
SUM CNT.CALLID AS 'CALLS_CLOSED'
BY CLOSEMONTH AS 'MONTH'
AFTER MATCH HOLD AS HOLD1 OLD-OR-NEW
END

TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT CALLS_TAKEN AS 'TOTAL CALLS, TAKEN'
CALLS_CLOSED AS 'TOTAL CALLS, CLOSED'
BY MONTH
END

I may not have gotten this completely right, depending on if I understand what you are trying to do, but give it a try.

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
That was exactly what I needed it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to put a compute in this? I tried this
MATCH FILE CALLLOG
SUM CNT.CALLID AS 'CALLS_TAKEN'
COMPUTE VSPERC/D12.2% = CSVERYSAT / SURVEYTOTAL * 100;
BY OPENMONTH AS 'MONTH'
RUN
FILE CALLLOG
SUM CNT.CALLID AS 'CALLS_CLOSED'
BY CLOSEMONTH AS 'MONTH'
AFTER MATCH HOLD AS HOLD1 OLD-OR-NEW
END

TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT CALLS_TAKEN AS 'TOTAL CALLS, TAKEN'
CALLS_CLOSED AS 'TOTAL CALLS, CLOSED'
BY MONTH
END

But I receive an error saying that computes are not allowed in match files

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I figured it out, I moved the compute to the table file hold1 area. Thanks again for your help.