Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ReportCaster - No report to distribute - Causes "On Error" e-mail notification

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ReportCaster - No report to distribute - Causes "On Error" e-mail notification
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I'm using ReportCaster(Version 5) mainly as a scheduler to kick off my FEXs. I'm not using it to distribute any reports, but I would like to use the 'On Error' e-mail notification if there is an error in the FEX. The problem is that RC thinks there is an error when there is no report to distribute. I tried (based on old info from the forum) to created a dummy report (from the CAR table), but this creates a new folder in the default domain every time it runs and I don't want that. Is there a way to tell RC that "No report to distribute" is not an error.

Thanks!

WF DevStu 5.2.6/WF Srv 5.2.4/Win NT 5.2

Posts: 118 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: May 04, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mayby try the same thing, but send the dummy report to the library, or a ftp site, or just something you can ignor. Maybe email the dummy report to yourself, and create a rule in your email to delete them when they are received.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jim,i agree with dhagen
i have all my etl-only caster jobs set to have REPORT FORMAT= HTML (alpha works, too) and DISTRIBUTION TYPE = EMAIL sent to me;
Nothing happens. Just what i want.
Smiler
You're probably using DISTRIB TYPE= MRE..which would be why its cluttering up your domains.
I haven't got any idea why DISTTYPE would ever be set to MRE? Maybe someone will come along and give us an example of what cool thing you can do with that output type.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We had the same thing happen to us. We submitted a new feature request so we can turn this off.

WebFOCUS 7.6.11 HF 6 Client Reporting Server/Caster
7.6.11 PDS Server on MVS DB2
1.46R Tandem
7.6.11 IWAY SQL Server 2000
Access

Posts: 40 | Location: OKC | Registered: January 10, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi susannah,

Are you creating a dummy report that is getting e-mailed to you (which you are just ignoring or deleting)?

If you are not creating a dummy report, then how do you use the "On Error" e-mail notification to let you know if the Caster job had any errors?

Thanks
Jim

Posts: 118 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: May 04, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh, now i see your problem. Light bulb turning on.
I had forgotten that i turn off notification for my etl jobs... i use CMD NET SEND message instead, throughout the job for various situations.
yes, your dummy email at the end would be a good idea.
I have a dummy email address set up on our outlook exchange server...all sorts of junk goes there, and it autodeletes stuff.
Kevin tells us he has NFR'd this situation. that's great.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
OK...Now I get it!
I've never used CMD NET SEND - Can you post an example of this?
Thanks