Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Save HOLD file problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Save HOLD file problem
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to save a file to a network path (UNC) so that others can access it to extract the data. I beleive the problem is that the path name has both a '$' and spaces in it and I believe one or both is causing my problem. The code I am using is:
-SET &FULLPATH = '\\Directory name\reports$'
-SET &FILENAME = '\' | 'Filename.xls'
-SET &FULLFILE = &FULLPATH | &FILENAME ;
APP MAP TEMPDATA &FULLPATH
APP HOLD TEMPDATA
FILEDEF QCEXLTMP DISK &FULLFILE
ON TABLE HOLD AS QCEXLTMP FORMAT EXL2K TEMPLATE 'QCEXPHLD' SHEETNUMBER 1

I get this error:
(FOC358) ERROR ISSUING FILEDEF COMMAND FOR: filedef QCEXLTMP DISK \\Directory name\reports$

(The actual directory is MUCH longer. Could that be causing the problem?)

Any help would be appreciated.

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.4 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
DEV: WebFOCUS 7.6.1 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
LOCAL: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Win XP SP2/Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/JAVA version 1.5.0_09

Posts: 31 | Location: Denver | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
try taking out the $
the $ is useful when mapping a drive
eg d$ will mapp to the root of the d drive
but not useful in a filedef drive reference
at least in my installation...
If blanks are giving you a prob, you could try replacing them with %20
No promises..but worth a shot till somebody smarter comes along.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Mathew,

try coding it as follows

-SET &FULLPATH = '\my reports\reports$';
-SET &FILENAME = '\' || 'Filename.xls';
-SET &FULLFILE = '&FULLPATH.EVAL' || '&FILENAME.EVAL' ;

FILEDEF QCEXLTMP DISK "&FULLFILE.EVAL"
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS QCEXLTMP FORMAT EXL2K
END
-RUN

I assume that the directory structure is on the same disk as the WebFocus server otherwise you need to give it a drive letter.

There is a bug in 7.1 (beta 3 anyway) where if the WebFocus server is started as a service then
it cannot see mapped network drives (works fine in 5.3) It cannot even do a DOS copy or move.
The problem does not occur if the WebFOcus server is started via the edastart batch file.

JG

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Try putting double quotes around the fullname variable in the filedef. Also...Do you have semi-colons after the first two -set commands?

-SET &FULLPATH = '\\Directory name\reports$';
-SET &FILENAME = '\' | 'Filename.xls';
-SET &FULLFILE = &FULLPATH | &FILENAME;
-TYPE FULLPATH ---- &FULLPATH
-TYPE FILENAME ---- &FILENAME
-TYPE FULLFILE ---- &FULLFILE
FILEDEF QCEXLTMP DISK "&FULLFILE"

Jim

WF DevStu 5.2.6/WF Srv 5.2.4/Win NT 5.2

Posts: 118 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: May 04, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's suggstions. I did get it to work with the "$" and Spaces in the path name. I think it was the double quotes that did the trick.

PROD: WebFOCUS 7.1.4 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
DEV: WebFOCUS 7.6.1 on Win 2003/Microsoft-IIS 6.0/ServletExec 4.2/JAVA version 1.5.0_09
LOCAL: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Win XP SP2/Apache Tomcat 5.5.17/JAVA version 1.5.0_09

Posts: 31 | Location: Denver | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Matthew,

This also works for me if you're interested.

-SET &FULLPATH = '\\Directory name\reports$';
-SET &FILENAME = 'Filename.xls';
-TYPE FULLPATH ---- &FULLPATH
-TYPE FILENAME ---- &FILENAME
FILEDEF QCEXLTMP DISK "&FULLPATH|\&FILENAME"

Jim

WF DevStu 5.2.6/WF Srv 5.2.4/Win NT 5.2

Posts: 118 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: May 04, 2005Report This Post