Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Moved fex/html from one folder to another and lost parameters

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Moved fex/html from one folder to another and lost parameters
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I moved a fex file and html from one folder (test) to another folder (production). I have everything working correctly in my test but when I do a copy and past into my production I lose some of the parameters.

Production:
IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Public/CustomLoadReport

when in the html requests & data sources this is what the fex file is showing
loadreportfull.fex
fieldList
SHIPPERCODE

Test:
IBFS:/WFC/Repository/TESTING/testingLoadReport

when in the html requests & data sources this is what the fex file is showing
loadreportfull_development.fex
fieldlist
DATEPRINT
SHIPPERCODE
BeginDate
EndDate

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KellyT,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hey Kelly,

So, to be clear on things, you had a .fex and an .html page that were in a particular test folder/environment, and then you moved them to a new production folder/environment. Upon opening your html page within AppStudio in the HTML Composer you are missing some params under the Requests & Data Sources panel. Am I correct? Whenever I've had to move files like you have, I've always had to start fresh with a new HTML page and/or clear out all the requests and re-pick all of them to get things working again. The trouble with the HTML Composer tool is that it has troubles maintaining request information correctly if you move the file around.

Try clearing out the Requests & Data Sources panel and reassigning them. If that doesn't work, then just start with a completely new HTML document if possible.

Another thing to realize is that it looks like you changed your file names as well. That would cause the requests to become borked. Just reassign them all with the proper paths and file names. It should fix it.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks CoolGuy.

Here is what I figured out.

The parameters that I had set as _FOC_NULL were not being recognized when I
copied the fex file. I commented out the _FOC_NULL and then relinked it back to
the html page.
Once it was linked I was then able to go in the fex and uncomment the _FOC_NULL.
At that point it worked,

I was making this issue a LOT more complicated than it was.

Thanks,
Kelly

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No problem.

Glad you got it figured out.

Good luck and take care!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post