Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Major new deployment - use 7.6.9 or 7.6.8?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Major new deployment - use 7.6.9 or 7.6.8?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Greetings,

Our University system is engaged in a major new deployment of WebFOCUS, one which is hanging a lot of expectations on InfoAssist under MR as vehicle for mass ad-hoc usage by the business user. For that reason, many of us on the technical deployment team are wanting to use 7.6.9. However, it is only yesterday that I have got that version in a test environment at our local campus.

I know many of the Focalpoint community have installed and started putting 7.6.9 through the paces, and I know that a hotfix has been issued (the fastest kickout for a hotfix that I've seen in my experience which dates back to v5.2.6). So I come to the temple of knowledge and ask the opinion of seasoned experts -- should we deploy out of the gate with 7.6.9 or 7.6.8?

Factors affecting us: 1) a MAJOR concurrent deployment of an ERP with an insane compressed timeline, so wasting time slugging through bugs, especially on a rollout to new users, is not desirable....2) a large expectation of broad usage of InfoAssist, so the most product features and stability in this line is greatly desired...

What would you do? 7.6.9 or 7.6.8?

Thanks for any opinions,

Dan at UNO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rigel7,

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dan,

If would certainly advise to start using 769. It has a lot of new features,also for infoassist, that you can benefit from.
I would however not install the hotfix for DevStudio. I did, and it broke DevStudio when creating active reports.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, I've been using 7.6.9 through the weekend and it does look promising, at least the server side.

We're watching the reports of issues on Dev Studio and thinking of using 7.6.8 DS with 7.6.9 Reporting Server and WF client (hotfix applied).

I'm not sure how much benefit that would afford us verses just using Dev Studio 7.6.9 (w/o hotfix) and waiting for a fix to the hotfix Smiler

Dan at UNO

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows

Posts: 56 | Location: Omaha, Ne USA | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post