Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (38 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Calculate Percent of Grand Total (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Perhaps using WITHIN in a PCT calculation will do what you require.Try searching for PCT WITHIN in this forum....
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Calculate Percent of Grand Total (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by ColdWhiteMilk
TABLE FILE ACTIVEPOP2 SUM ACTIVEPOP2.PENSION_PLAN_NBR AS 'Plan Code' CNT.ACTIVEPOP2.EMP_SSN AS '# of Emps' PCT.EMP_SSN/D6% WITHIN ACTIVEPOP2 AS 'Pct%' BY ACTIVEPOP2.PENSION_PLAN_NBR NOPRINT ON TABLE RECOMPUTE Gives me:(FOC282) RESULT OF EXPRESSION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE FORMAT OF FIELD: EMP...

Discussion Topic  RE: [ALWAYS OPEN] Calculating Percentages with Across and By (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by JimRice
_PCT AS 'Pct.'BY BODYTYPESUMT_CNT AS 'Count'PCT.T_CNT_PCT WITHIN BODYTYPE AS 'Pct.'T_CST AS 'Cost'PCT.T_CST_PCT WITHIN BODYTYPE AS 'Pct.'BY BODYTYPEBY SEATSSUMT_CNT AS 'Count'PCT.T_CNT_PCT WITHIN SEATS AS 'Pct.'T_CST AS 'Cost'PCT.T_CST_PCT WITHIN SEATS AS 'Pct.'BY BODYTYPEBY SEATSBY COUNTRYENDJim...

Discussion Topic  RE: [ALWAYS OPEN] Calculating Percentages with Across and By (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Mickey,I'm back at the PCT. WITHIN game!Would you know why the percentages do not add up to 100% when using decimal places, i.e D8.4% rather than D3%?Thanks....

Discussion Topic  RE: [ALWAYS OPEN] Calculating Percentages with Across and By (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Hua,This PCT thing really got me worked up! After finding the solution by adding an additional WITHIN of the higher-level BY PAGE-BREAK column, I modified my program to not require the higher-level BY PAGE-BREAK column - the PCT WITHIN failed when I removed this non-required column! I had to keep...

Back at it! In 2005, Mickey saidquote:The key is to make sure the field on which the PCT. prefix is applied has a D (or F) format.That's what I'm doing and I don't get the percentages to add up to 100, even when I have four decimal places (D8.4). PCT with WITHIN and ACROSS and BY just does not...

Mickey, Thanks for your response. I avoided using the PCT prefix because I could not get it to work ... . The code below has more than one BY statement. The PCT. creates a column that adds up to 100 for the TOTAL of the report, I'd like to calculate the percentage of each line within the highest BY...

Discussion Topic  PCT and ACROSS and TOTAL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Why doesn't the PCT get recomputed for the totals? DEFINE FILE CAR SALESD/D10 = SALES; END TABLE FILE CAR SUM SALESD PCT.SALESD/D6% WITHIN CAR BY COUNTRY BY CAR ACROSS SEATS ON TABLE RECOMPUTE END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Get PCT Based on BY (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Danny-SRL
want 100% for each group then you have to use the WITHIN clause with PCT: TABLE FILE filename SUM AMT PCT.AMT/D20.4 AS 'AMT' WITHIN GROUP BY GROUP ... Jammer,If you have group amt PCT A $50 25% A $50 25.6% TOTAL A $100 50% B...

Discussion Topic  RE: Percent Subtotal in Info Assist (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Mighty Max
You could use the PCT prefix and WITHIN syntax. I don't use InfoAssit I am not sure if the GUI gives you these options.TABLE FILE CAR SUM DEALER_COST PCT.DEALER_COST/D20.2% WITHIN COUNTRY AS 'PERCENT' BY COUNTRY BY MODEL ON COUNTRY SUBTOTAL AS 'TOTAL' ON TABLE NOTOTAL END ...

Discussion Topic  RE: Help with COMPUTE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Don
There is a way to get what you want without computes. WebFOCUS has a featured called WITHIN and using this with the prefix PCT will give you what you want. See code below: TABLE FILE CENTFIN SUM VALUE PCT.VALUE/D12.2% WITHIN YEAR BY YEAR SUBTOTAL BY ITEM ACROSS QUARTER END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Can WEBFOCUS mimic the Pivot calculation like EXCEL 2013 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by roy
.UNIT_SOLD AS 'PCT,SOLD,WITHIN,TABLE'AND PCT.UNIT_SOLD WITHIN STORE_CODE AS 'PCT,SOLD,WITHIN,STORE'BY ... UPDATE Can I use WITHIN on an EXL2K PIVOT ?I have found that the key word Within almost works , I do not have a pivot table but I do get the correct distinct count as a summaryCan I use WITHIN on an...

Discussion Topic  RE: NODATA on ACROSS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MadamZuZu
hi everything is now wokring, however when i do a PCT. on a field i get a NODATA character instead of a NULL. which is what i need, i'm just curious as to why it works for .PCT but not for .CNT DEFINE FILE CARCCOUNT/D6 = 1;ENDTABLE FILE CARSUMCCOUNTOVER PCT.DEALER_COST WITHIN MODELBY MODELACROSS...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] Does multi-verb always result in multi-line subtotals? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by j.gross
You may be able to eliminate the leading verb by specifying WITHIN.TABLE FILE CAR . . . SUM TOT_SALES WITHIN COUNTRY NOPRINT SALES COMPUTE PCT/P6.2 = SALES / TOT_SALES * 100 ; BY COUNTRY NOPRINT BY ...-- but that may have unanticipated effects on subtotal/recompute/summarize values....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE-OPENED] Does multi-verb always result in multi-line subtotals? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Reg.T
KofiNot sure if I'm misunderstanding you, or you're misunderstanding the context. The PCT. here is in conjunction with the following WITHIN, and is therefore on a display field and cannot be used within a define.If you're meaning to move the whole calculation of the percentage into a define, then...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] ACROSS, COMPUTE AND STYLES (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
SALESD NOPRINT BY COUNTRY NOPRINT BY CAR SUM SALESD AS 'SALES' PCT.SALESD/D6.2 WITHIN COUNTRY WITHIN ... PCT/D12.2 = C2 / C1 * 100; AS '%' ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD "COUNTRY: COUNTRY" ON COUNTRY RECOMPUTE AS ... =REPORT, COLUMN=PCT, COLOR=BLUE, STYLE=BOLD, $ ENDSTYLE END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] ACROSS, COMPUTE AND STYLES (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Satchell
CAR SUM SALESD AS 'SALES' PCT.SALESD/D6.2 WITHIN COUNTRY WITHIN SEATS AS '%' BY COUNTRY NOPRINT BY CAR ACROSS SEATS COMPUTE XTOT_SALESD/D15 = C2; AS 'TOTAL' COMPUTE PCT/D12.2 = C2 / C ... , $ TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, COLUMN=PCT, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=BLUE, $ ENDSTYLE END ...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Percentage of sub-total rather than percetage of grand total (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Jeff-TTC
it would work, but I receive a parsing error on "WITHIN":COMPUTE MTDRevenue_PoG/D7.4% = PCT ... Hello all. I am able to get the revenue percentage for each given entry using PCT as follows:COMPUTE MTDRevenue_PoT/D7.4% = PCT.MTDRevenue;This works beautifully but is based on the grand total of...

Discussion Topic  PCT. and ACROSS and ROW-TOTAL and ACROSS-TOTAL and COLUMN-TOTAL (Here I go again!) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
PCT.SALESD/D12.2% WITHIN CAR NOPRINT BY COUNTRY NOPRINT BY CAR SUM SALESD AS 'Sales' PCT.SALESD/D6.2% WITHIN COUNTRY WITHIN SEATS AS '%' BY COUNTRY NOPRINT BY CAR ACROSS SEATS COMPUTE XTOT_SALESD/D15 = C1; AS 'Total' COMPUTE PCT/D12.2 = C2; AS '%' ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD "COUNTRY: COUNTRY" ON COUNTRY...

Discussion Topic  RE: PCT. and ACROSS and ROW-TOTAL and ACROSS-TOTAL and COLUMN-TOTAL (Here I go again!) (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
NOPRINTBY COUNTRY NOPRINTBY CARSUM SALESD AS 'Sales'PCT.SALESD/D6.2 WITHIN COUNTRY WITHIN SEATS AS '%'BY COUNTRY NOPRINTBY CARACROSS SEATSCOMPUTE XTOT_SALESD/D15 = C2; AS 'Total'COMPUTE PCT/D12.2 = C2 / C...

» Refine Search
» New Search