Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 49
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (975 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Weird problem in SQL translation of selection criteria based on a DEFINE (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Francis, Some defines can/will get translated. This happens when: ......
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  RE: Testing a NULL value after the -READ command (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
If you are creating the file with WebFOCUS/FOCUS, you can test for the NODATA character string. For......

Discussion Topic  RE: Monthly Processing dates (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Another thing to remember is that & dates (&YYMD, &MDYY, etc.) are not really dates, they are alphan......

Discussion Topic  RE: One-to-many Join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
FrankDutch, that's where the SET ALL comes in. Set ALL to OFF and if there are no children, the par......

Discussion Topic  RE: One-to-many Join (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Darin, I hate to disagree with a Guru, but Gizmo has the correct answer. To return one row per pare......

Discussion Topic  RE: Run Deferred Not Working (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I hate to point out the obvious, but check to make sure you Reporting Server allows Deferred Agents.......

Discussion Topic  RE: get MAX of a DATE field into the HEADER ?? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Susannah, what Piipster suggested works fine in 7.13. Could this be a bug?...

Discussion Topic  RE: using OLAP sort returns an error? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Are you dynamically generating your sort? If so, the line in question may not exist when just looki......

Discussion Topic  RE: ReportCaster bursting using dynamic address (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I think your list is not in the correct format. The format is supposed to be: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Master Detail (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
When you analyze the question, this is just basic FOCUS. You have a file with a parent records (mas......

Discussion Topic  RE: Calling Oracle Procedure (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
It sounds like you have a formatting problem. Is there some reason why you use '/' in one date and ......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] doing a Sql Pass thru Update and Getting a return Code (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Francis, I took the original posters question to be about keyed updates, like MODIFY. I also do upd......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] doing a Sql Pass thru Update and Getting a return Code (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
First, I don't think the FOCUS or WebFOCUS ever puts anything in any & variable for SQL INSERT, UPDA......

Discussion Topic  RE: How can I speed up my data retrieval and prevent it from timing out? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Ginny, in our environment AUTOTABLEF is ON, howerver, while TABLE may not resort the data, it still ......

Discussion Topic  RE: How can I speed up my data retrieval and prevent it from timing out? (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
I use TABLEF with BY all the time. I have found it to save lots of time, in almost every circumstan......

Discussion Topic  RE: Scheduling multi reports (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
You can split the fex up into 4 or 5 programs and schedule them as separate tasks. We would write o......

Discussion Topic  RE: COLUMN SPACING (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
Default spacing is 2 spaces. Instead of using dummy fields you can use the following: ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Developer Studio instaal for 7.6.1 (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
We've been using WebFOCUS since 4.x and our Tech Rep told us to always, fully remove the prior DevSt......

Discussion Topic  RE: &Var for USERID (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
"Do you, by any chance, know how to grab the network DOMAIN to which a user belongs?" Yes, do the s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Graph Saving SVG issue (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by jgelona
You can also issue an OS copy command to copy it from the WebFOCUS temp folder to somewhere more per......

» Refine Search
» New Search