Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     FOC 3251 AND 3202 WHEN HOLDING A GRAPH AS GIF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FOC 3251 AND 3202 WHEN HOLDING A GRAPH AS GIF
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm trying to hold a graph as a GIF file and display the graph in a table request. However I'm get the following message:

FILE  MYGRAPH.GIF       SAVED TO D:\ibi\srv71\wfs\edatemp\ts000034
 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE    238  IN PROCEDURE GRAPHTEST
 (FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: MYGRAPH (RC=103)
 (FOC3202) BAD VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE: 1   IMAGE=MYGRAPH.GIF

I start the graph procedure with:

SET GRAPHSERVURL=https://myservername.ny.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet

GRAPH FILE GRAPHTEST
PRINT .....
ON GRAPH HOLD AS MYGRAPH FORMAT GIF
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE GRAPHTEST 
BY COMPANY
IF COMPANY EQ 'MYCOMPANY'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=MYGRAPH.GIF, POSITION=(4 0), SIZE=(5 3), $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

Can anyone help me determine why I'm getting this error message?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
try doing the graph without putting it to a hold file to see if it displays the error. Whenever there is a problem when it is trying to graph, we get that same error and yet it's been various different problems. We've gotten the error because there was a & in the data (this may have been with an svg graph) and I believe we even got it when there was no data to graph. I ended up adding in a check -SET &NOGRAPH=IF &RECORDS EQ 0 THEN ‘Y’ ELSE ‘N’; and bypassing the display of the graph if it's 0.

GRAPH FILE GRAPHTEST
PRINT .....
-*ON GRAPH HOLD AS MYGRAPH FORMAT GIF
END
-RUN
-EXIT

Good luck.

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv

Posts: 179 | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. OK... I tried running the graph without hold and it worked fine. I was using my own test data to create the graph so there are no zero points or other strange characters. The reason I need to hold the graph is because I actually have 5 focexecs. Each focexec producing a separate graph. The user wants all 5 graphs to display on the same page (resized of course).

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A couple of things might be happening here. First, I believe your GRAPHSERVURL is wrong. It should be IBIGraphServlet and not WFServlet. However, I don't believe that you are suppose to use GRAPHSERVURL when using SSL. You should be using JSCOM3. Check you JSCOM3 configuration from the server admin panel and ensure that the following jar files are included in the IBI_CLASSPATH:

C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\thread.jar
C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi_log4j_1.2.8.jar
C:\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\IBIGifGraphChart.jar

Then ensure that your client admin has USE_JSCOM3 set to "yes" under "Configuration/Graph". You can consult your doc for JSCOM3 configuations for both server and client.

That just might solve your problem.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks dhagen. Made the necessary adjustments as you stated and 1..2..3 problem solved. Thanks a bunch.