Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTML controlling refresh

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML controlling refresh
 Login/Join

posted
I am losing the values that where selected (radio buttons that have a choice of this or that) from my radio buttons that was selected. It happens when (losing values) I choose something from a drop down that changes by selection.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ken, I am a little confused by your question. Maybe you could re-state it with a bit more detail?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
<Anju_KK>
posted
Ken are you using the same Name for both your radio as well as u'r Drop down.
If its so, then you Radio's value will be over ridden by the drop down's value

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me try this again. I have web page that has radio buttons and drop down boxes. The drop down boxes are populated. Now the user selects a few different radio button selections. Now they come to the first of 2 drop down boxes. When they choose one from the first box the secound one refreshes with the contents from the frist boxes selection (a subset of the first box if you will). The drop downs are popluated by a call to a fex file. When this happens the whole page is refreshed and thus I loose my selected values from the radio buttons. They are revert back to their default settings.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ken,

I believe that 'iframe' may meet your needs.

You can have something like this in your HTML:

<iframe id="loadDropDown" ></iframe>

The call to another fex can be triggered by a click of a button, which can call a JS function that does whatever initialization you need to do, then issues a command like loadDropDown.location.href = /apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=loadDDfex&PARM=xyz;

The fex called loadDDfex.fex would then do whatever WebFocus file processing you need to do based on the selection made by the user, then you load the dropdown box within HTML code at the bottom of loadDDfex.fex. This HTML code is housed within the iframe that you set up in the calling fex/HTML program, and doesn't impact the other settings of the original program.

Regards,
Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post