Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED]Bursting to report library just hangs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED]Bursting to report library just hangs
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. I'm trying to currently burst to the report library, a pretty simple excel report (not a compound). I'm able to run a regular, non-burst schedule and get output to the destination folder without issue.

But if attempt to burst the same report to this folder, the reporting server portion of the log always shows about a 30 second completion, followed by the report library distribution beginning:

Executing focexec.
Connection to the Reporting Server EDASERVE closed at 2016-01-25 16:24:29.713-0700 (1,453,764,269,713)
Job ran on the Reporting Server EDASERVE for 28.415 seconds
Task finished.

Starting distribution: Report Library
Distribution method: Report Library

---
After the 2 report library lines, nothing happens, and the jobs just show running the reportcaster administration. And they will show for running for 12+hours before they just die with no trace in the log, taking up our queue.

I've bursted files before to the report library without issue, but i'm running into several reports that are having this issue now. I've tried excel 2007, excel 2000 formats. Do I need to do a trace and open a ticket, or has anyone run into similiar issues by chance bursting to the report library?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen this but wonder if you have the same behavior if you burst using a different format like PDF or HTML. I'd open a case with support.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC. I'm going to open a ticket on this item. It seems like any new report i create won't burst to the report library, but old schedules are running and bursting ok.

Part of the challenge I'm facing is that i only have a few queue spots in reportcaster that are allowed to run, and once a few attempts start running and never finish, any additional attempts just sit in queue because i can't kill the stuck ones. I then need admin assistance. Sort of a 3 strikes and i'm out scenario.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

posted Hide Post
So in case anyone searches and gets this topic. I haven't solved issue yet, but providing traces to IBI. Starting to look like this is related to bursting on a varchar field, which is not supported. I've tried some of the workarounds on this forum that i've had access to do, such as storing the varchar data in a defined char field instead for the burst value. No luck so far, but i will update the post once I have more.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat

posted Hide Post
Well, i can't seem to get a traces file uploaded to support, but our workaround was finally to make sure that
1. Burst value is not var char.
2. regular char burst value needs to be substr to a small length so it is small enough to be used as a filename.

Webfocus 8.0 Apache
Apache Tomcat