Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
NOSPLIT
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a compound PDF report where I am printing all field values using the ‘OVER’. The sort field is ‘NOPRINT’ and it is also used for ‘SKIP-LINE’ and ‘SUBFOOT’ (SUBFOOT is printing 2 A2000 fields). I am trying to use ‘NOSPLIT’ but it does not work. I checked the documentation and it shows that NOSPLIT does not work with PAGE-BREAK (on same sort field), HOLD, SAVE, SAVB, and TABLEF. I am not using any of these. Can you guys look at the code and tell me what I am doing wrong or is it just a compatibility issue?
Here is the code

TABLE FILE TASSIGNMENT
PRINT
STRT_DT AS 'START DATE:' OVER
END_DT AS 'END DATE:' OVER
P_LSTUPDTID AS 'LAST UPDATED BY:' OVER
INTFC_UPDT_DT AS 'INTERFACE UPDATE DATE:'
BY ASGN_ID NOPRINT SKIP-LINE NOSPLIT
ON ASGN_ID SUBFOOT
"RESPONSIBLE WRKR COMNTS:<28>"SUMMARY:<28>HEADING
"<20>KIDS CASEDUMP REPORT - Case Id: "
"Section: Case Summary"
"Sub-Section: Assignment/Transfer History"
WHERE D_ENT_FOR_ID EQ 20000004
AND D_ENT_FOR_TYP_CDE EQ 295;
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE
END

p.s Please keep in mind that I have bunch of JOIN commands before TABLE FILE command to get data from different tables.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Posts: 35 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: May 11, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have a PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN somewhere before also?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find my notes or recreate the problem, but I could have sworn I had a similar problem years ago. I think I either had to put SET PRINTPLUS=ON or I had to fake it out and put a blank SUBHEAD. I can't cause the problem to happen on my machine anymore, so I can't test it. What version are you on?

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv

Posts: 179 | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN in the first report (it’s a compound report). Also, we are using version 7.1.3 (all 3, dev. Studio, web and reporting servers).

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Pam, thank you so much. I tried using the SET PRINTPLUS=ON and it fixed the problem. I appreciate all your help.

Mike