Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Info Assist creating OR filter instead of AND?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Info Assist creating OR filter instead of AND?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I posted this in Dev Studio...no response yet. Its frustrating!

I have a reporting object. There are about a dozen filters predefined for it. All are set up as parameters, multi select: Or.

Upon opening InfoAssist for the reporting object, the user will *include* the filters for which they would like to make selections. Ex: They may include the: Fiscal Year filter, Dept filter and Location filter. When they click: Run, they might select a single fiscal year, a single department and perhaps multiple locations within the department.

One would think that as they turn each filter ON (include it) that InfoAssist would treat each condition created as an: AND condition. The course #364 manual alludes to this. Most of the time this is the case. Sometimes however IT DOES NOT. It will instead treat a particular filter as an: OR condition. I saw this in the code. I have no idea why and it’s quite annoying. Its not consistent that I can see either. I have been unable to determine a pattern. I believe the issue to be in InfoAssist, not the reporting object but I have no idea what to check.

Any ideas? I am not even sure what supporting info to post. We are running v7703. Thanks for any assistance…I’d like to get this out to folks…it’s my first reporting object related report and I have several more to develop.

WebFOCUS 7.6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, You say:
quote:
I saw this in the code

Please post an example of where it isn't doing what you think it should.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ok, I went into Info Assist, using the reporting object, I tried to create a report that prompted me for: FISCAL YEAR(s), RptBaNbr(s) and location(s).

I clicked RUN.

I selecta single FY = 2014
I selected a single Location = OFFICE
I selected a handfull of RptBaNbrs.

I got all RptBaNbrs and also locations other than: OFFICE.

I clicked the little magnifying glass and copy the code to MsWord. I am pasting a sampling below. I believe the refernces under the WHERE area should be: ANDS...it put an: OR in there....

-*Do not delete or modify the comments above

TABLE FILE TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL
-SET &SECTION='WHERE';
-INCLUDE lvpgfina/mrv/actvsbudgunitswrvusdtl.fex
WHERE (((
-SET &SECTION='FILTER22';
)
OR (
-SET &SECTION='FILTER21';
))
AND ((
-SET &SECTION='FILTER9';
)));
SUM TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.TBLMSTR_ACTUALBUDGETUNITWRVUCOMBINEDDETAIL.ACTUNITS/D12.2 AS 'Act Units'

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi RobertF,

Thank you for opening a case for this issue. Please keep us posted on the outcome of the case.

Regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post