Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]xternal Access to Portal Not Loading Certain Pages When Loading Fine Internal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]xternal Access to Portal Not Loading Certain Pages When Loading Fine Internal
 Login/Join

posted
We just recently setup external access to our portal.

Internally everything works fine and the HTML pages and Fex files load without any issues.

Externally, certain tabs in our Portal pages won't load and we can't figure out why.

I've removed each fex file within the HTML tab and ended up with no fex files, but the html page still wouldn't load.

This external issue is happening in 3 different locations, Hong Kong, Texas, and NJ, for the same exact tabs.

Has anyone encountered similar issues in the past with HTML or Fex files not loading in the portal externally compared to working fine internally?

Any recommendations on where we can look at in our network?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1

Posts: 16 | Location: Voorhees, NJ | Registered: June 13, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johnny

I suspect this is a security issue. Check the security permissions on the html and fexs for the tabs that don't work. Compare the security permissions to the tabs that do work. Remember it is possible to have different security on each tab of the portal as well so check those as well.

If external I am thinking that the Public user needs access but not sure how you are doing the signon from external but whatever ID it is will need security permissions across the board.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The security matches on both internal and external sources.

The HTML Page with the issue has 5 charts on it, and when I put those charts on separate tabs as their own they can be viewed fine. But when they're put together on one HTML page it loads really slow.

Still looking into what else it could be.

WebFOCUS 8.1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johnny

You might try to just put each fex in a separate panel on the same tab in the portal. This will eliminate the html all together.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I need the HTML File because it has several Fex files in it that it's referencing and It's almost like a 2nd tab. I can't seem to put multiple Fex files on that lower level of tabs.

I'll play around some more, but I think the level of how deep I'm going doesn't allow multiple Fex files on those lower level tabs.

WebFOCUS 8.1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johnny

When you edit a portal on the Insert menu there is a Tabbed object which if I am understanding you should provide the interface you are looking for without needing the tabbed html interface.

posted Hide Post
On the main portal tabs it's fine, I do have multiple charts on there. But one of my tabs is called Customer Dashboard, and in that tab I have more tabs, and in order to show multiple charts on there it has to be on an HTML page because I can only add one object (fex or html) per tab in that lower level.

The problem seems to be with the charts. For example, it's fine accepting bar charts but didn't like Pie Charts. I'm still looking at the data itself to see what's happening but it's all pulling from the same data source so I don't see why it would affect it.

WebFOCUS 8.1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Johnny

I now understand what you are saying.. I don't know why the html is causing the problem either. You should probably open a case with techsupport and they can help you set traces to debug it.