Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run Vs Run Deferred
 Login/Join

<Sengott>
posted
Hi ,

I am new to Webfocus.

1. I want to know the difference bet'n Run and Run Deferred in Managed Reporting.

2.If we right click fex file in MRE there is option called Publish, if we publish how and where to see the published output??

Kindly help

Than

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Please remember to edit your profile signature with your system config.
RUN DEFERRED uses CPU only when it is available and stops running while other users are running regular reports. DEFERRED is a lower priority.
The results of a RUN are displayed on your screen, whereas the results of a RUN DEFERRED are viewable in the log of the job, seen by clicking on the DEFERRED STATUS icon in the task bar in mre.
PUBLISH creates a simple HTML Launchpage from your fex by examining the paramters the fex requires and preparing a FORM that will allow you to enter values for them. The HTML launch page will appear right in the same domain as the fex.
Have you taken the classes? the MRE classes are very useful for just this reason.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To add a note to susannah's statement. RUN tie to the word foreground, RUN DEFERRED tie to the word background. DEFERRED is used much for 'longer running' programs.

Welcome to the wonderful world of WebFOCUS. The people on this forum have provided me much insite also, and I've been using FOCUS/WebFOCUS for a long time.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post