Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPEN]Maintain iSeries - Adding a record

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPEN]Maintain iSeries - Adding a record
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I am getting the following error when trying to add a record via Maintain.

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -7008 (HEX: FFFFE4A0)
: [55019] MANTI00056 in MANTIS not valid for operation.
(FOC1740) EXECUTE ERROR : MANTIS_MYAGNE_STORE_EVENTS

This is the first time that I have tried it in Maintain. I got this error or a similair one when I tried adding a record via WebFocus via SQL Editor. I had to add "WITH NONE" at the end of the statement because I was using a DB2 table.

ENGINE DB2 SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION ISERIES
SQL DB2
INSERT INTO ibdata.ibusage (IBUSRPRF,IBTYPE,IBDESC) VALUES('&IBUSRPRF','&IBTYPE','&IBDESC') WITH NONE;
COMMIT;
END

Is there something similair that I have to add to the end of my Maintain statement?

Case AddEventCase
Include mantis_myagne_store_events_add.MANTIS_MYAGNE_STORE_EVENTS.EVENT_ID ;
EndCase

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Potter,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Jay,

Check "SYS_MGR" in the manual.

Give a try
 compute datains/i8;
compute SQLINS/A1000="INSERT INTO ibdata.ibusage (IBUSRPRF,IBTYPE) VALUES('123abc','superuser"') WITH NONE;
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2","SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION ISERIES");
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2",SQLINS);
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2","commmit"); 

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Angie
Since you are not using a stack for the Include statement, I have to assume that all of the fields associated with this Master file have a value in the current area. It is possible that there is a MISSING issue with the data.

If you haven't already please open a case with Customer Support so we can walk you through the Include statement.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I have made it part way. My problem is adding a record using a table with an auto-incremented index field. I have now been able to add a record to a non auto-incremented table. Support has tried to point me in the right direction, but I am still having problems. For now I am going to continue to work with the non auto incremented table to leanr more about Maintain. When I can add a record to an auto-incremted table I will update this ticket.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Jay
When we perform an Include from a Maintain procedure, we always tell you to list the KEY field from the segment. Maintain requires a key field in order to do database operations and it is always the first of first couple of fields in the Master. The exact number is represented by the KEYS= statement in the Access file.

In the case of a file that has a FIELDTYPE=R, we can't list the first field because that automatically increments every time a record is included into the database. In that case, we tell you to omit that field from the Include command and just list the other fields from that segment / file.

Here is the online documentation that I found and an example:

http://documentation.informati..._snf_520/10snf10.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post