Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report Assistant: Error when creating new JOIN

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Assistant: Error when creating new JOIN
 Login/Join

posted
We have just installed WebFOCUS 7.6.1 to work with Banner/Oracle. In report assistant, I get a java script error when I attemt to create a new join. Digging deeper, I was able to determine that the offending java function is the one that creates the array of files that get displayed. This function takes 2 arguments, the name of the file and a descriptioni string. It seems that it chashes when it receives a string with a single quote in it. The simple solution is to remove the quote from the description string, but I was wondering if there is a patch that would solve the problem. The error occurs in the mastdlg2.jsp file which calls the rpabean.getMasterJSInformation(); function which builds the MASArray.

Has anyone come accross this issue?

Master
posted Hide Post
Bizarre

A user got one this morning and I got a call.
This is a problem I know about and I tell the user to start a new ra report and do the join BEFORE they start to choose fields and then you do not get this error.

Its a javascript error and it expects a right bracket from ibi_apps/assist/jsp/mastdlg2.jsp

I also told her this problem will be fixed in 7.6 but apparently NOT!

Being mercenary would be interested if you come up with a fix and could you pm me and we could swap you some enhancements/fixes we've done that you might like...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You may want to upgrade to 7.6.2 - I think there were quite a number of fixes. We had an issue with the Upload Data file option blowing out when creating an MFD in 7.6.1 that got fixed in 7.6.2

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I just checked this and it seems that this problem is fixed in 7.6.2

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post