Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain.....
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi ,

What is the use of maintain in WebFOCUS.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
------------------------------------
WebFOCUS 7.1.4, Win XP SP2,
Oracle8i.
------------------------------------

Posts: 155 | Location: Bangalore. | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
K.,

In short...
Maintain enables you to build applications that allow the user to update , delete or insert data.

P.

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
<Tim Howard_ABCBS>
posted
They did a webcast on that very subject this past Friday. It went in detail about what Maintain was and how you can use it, including example websites that are using it. They usually post those on there Online Seminars page (http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/seminars/arch_sems.html) within a week or two for those who miss it. It's not out there yet, but I would check back from time to time and look at it. Look under the 'Hands-On Technology – Focal Point Web Series' section.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
As this was the first Webinar with out MaryEllen, I am not sure it got recorded correctly. If you would like a copy of the presentation, drop me an e-mail at Mark_Derwin@IBI.com and I will be happy to send it to you.

Maintain is both a language and a fully integrated development enviornment for creating Web Applications that can update almost any data source almost anywhere on your enterprise.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kalyan,

Some of the real power of Maintain (in addition to data manipulation) is the ability to display data and launch WebFOCUS reports (based on that data) from the Maintain screen. You can also use WebFOCUS report output to load specific data into Maintain for further Maintenance/Analysis.

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Diane Sklar posted the link in another of these forums - unfortuantely I think that it's one a lot of people don't go to Frowner

The link for the presentation should be Maintain Presentation

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post