Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     McAfee anti-virus causing focexec run in batch to lock

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
McAfee anti-virus causing focexec run in batch to lock
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone experienced problems with anti-virus software running foexecs in batch? We have a nightly batch process that updates lots of .FOC files, the batch suddenly started stopping in no specific line of code or time frame, with no errors of any kind and it seems to be an issue with the anti virus software on the Windows server. The only change that we have made is to move the location of the .BAT file that runs the batch.

Any ideas on what can cause this?
thanks,
Adriana

WF 7.6.9 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Adriana,
That fact that you moved it's location may have taken off the approved list for the virus software. Have a look there, it probaly just needs to be added again.
Good luck.
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rich, thanks for the reply. It appears to be the anti-virus scan is timing out. Our .foc files have been getting larger each day and it seems that that it now takes longer to scan them after they are loaded and this is causing the time-out. We are trying different setting in the anti-virus software to correct the problem.
thanks

WF 7.6.9 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Adri
as an aside, would you show me what your .BAT file looks like that runs your fexes in batch?
i use caster. i don't know how to do it any other way. i'ld appreciate learning.
TIA
-s.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Susannah,
All you need is the following:
1. .BAT to kick off edastart with the T3I, this .BAT can be started from windows scheduler
2. .T3I script file to issue Connect statements and EX FEX with parms (T3I is an IBI thing, don't know where it's documented)
3. A .T3O log file is created by the process

1. BATCH_EDASTART.BAT:
E:\ibi\srv53\wfs\bin\edastart -f batch_risk
echo off

2. E:\BATCH\ BATCH_RISK.T3I ( this is the script called from the .BAT )
%connect
%begin
EX LDPROG ISSTYPE=M,OUTPUT_FILE= ,
BATCH_OUTPUT=Risk_Mgmt
%end
%disconnect

%connect
%begin
EX BATCH_PATH DISP_PATH=N,BUSS=Current
EX LDDEPT ISSTYPE=M,OUTPUT_FILE= ,BATCH_OUTPUT=Risk_Mgmt,ASOF=CURRENT
%end
%disconnect