Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML Title attribute for MRE views

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML Title attribute for MRE views
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have several views defined in MRE, and regardless of which one I'm viewing, the title on the browser tab is "WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard" even though I have set a Description for the content of the view, a Page Description, and a Block Name.

Where can I change the default tab name to something more meaningful?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
There's a workaround to change the default browser page/tab title for the Business Intelligence Dashboard. However, it doesn't do it on a view-by-view basis.

quote:
A. Locate the intl.jar file under the following directory:
\ibi\WebFOCUS77\webapps\webfocus77\Web-INF\lib\intl.jar

B. Make a directory called temp (C:\temp). Copy the jar file to this temp
directory. All the changes will be made to the "copy" before it replaces
C. Unjar the "copied" jar file. Perform the following jar command from within
DOS, to unjar the jar file. Again, this will be done to the copy made in
Step B: C:\temp>jar xf intl.jar

D. Review unjar'd jar file. The directory structure will now be available for
you in your temporary directory. You can issue the following C:\temp>dir

E. Delete the "copied" jar file because once you make your change to whatever
file, we're going to re-create the jar file. This will be the jar file set
in the C:\temp directory.

F. At this point, you have the entire unjar'd intl.jar file. You need to
locate the WORP_Bundle_en.properties located under:
C:\temp\ibi\intl

G. Locate the DBTitle=WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Dashboard under the
Dashboard Title section

H. Replace it with whatever other wording you want / Save Changes

I. Once your change(s) have been made, you now need to re-create the JAR
file. Perform the following jar command from within DOS:
jar -cf intl.jar *

J. Copy the newly created jar file from the C:\temp directory into the
\ibi\WebFOCUS77\webapps\webfocus76\Web-INF\lib\intl.jar file.

K. Reload your Web Application and recycle the Web Server for the changes to
take effect.

* Please keep in mind that if you upgrade these changes will not transfer over
and will require you to follow these steps again.

I suggest that you also put in a case/feature request with IBI.

WF: WebFocus 7.7.03
Data: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2
Output: HTML/AHTML,PDF,EXL2K FORMULA, COMT

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks nd, good to know. But as you said, not what I'm going for. I want to be able to give each view a title.

As to putting in a new feature request, through the tech support system I can only find the option to open a new case for problem management. How does one go about submitting a new feature request?

Posts: 141 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 10, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You open a case to request the new feature. (I prefix the case summary with "NFR".) If the feature is deemed worthy (provide a good business reason for the request) it goes to the Product Division and then you wait.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Found this other thread where Josh recommended a Javascript solution that works for me. I just put the following code in the Javascript window_onload() function of my HTML file in MRE:
parent.parent.parent.document.title='my custom title';