Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Mailing Labels with LABELPROMPT=ON causes endless loop

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Mailing Labels with LABELPROMPT=ON causes endless loop
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Here's a quick self-service program using the CAR file to create labels:

SET ONLINE-FMT = PDF
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
BY MODEL NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK

HEADING
"<MODEL"
"<CAR"
"<COUNTRY"
"<DEALER_COST <RETAIL_COST"

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOPAGE

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE=LETTER, LEFTMARGIN=0.3, TOPMARGIN=0.3,
PAGEMATRIX=(2 5), ELEMENT=(4 1), GUTTER=(0.2 0), 
MATRIXORDER=HORIZONTAL, LABELPROMPT=ON, $

TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

With LABELPROMPT=OFF, this program works, with LABELPROMPT=ON, it goes into an endless loop and I have to kill the agent on the server console.

Has anyone successfully made LABELPROMPT=ON work? I am curious as to how does the user get prompted?

What I would like to do is to supply the row and column number at which to start printing, this I would gather in an HTML form myself - I do not want a prompt screen being displayed. But since I can't get this to work, the point is moot.

Curiously, there appears to be no tech support cases regarding this problem.

Thsnks,

Francis.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Francis this is actually an old problem.
LABELPROMPT=ON does not work via a browser session according to the cases that I've seen.

The method that has been suggested in the past to do what you want is to hold the labels in a Focus database and insert the required number of blank labels to pad the matrix out.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JG, thanks, that is exactly what I did - I created a hold file with empty rows that I append to the real data hold file.

It's pretty odd that the WebFOCUS documentation contains this if it's a Mainframe-only option.

I couldn't find any cases in Tech Support that dealt with this issue.

Cheers,

Francis.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
The problem with tech support is it depends who's doing the looking.
Customers do not have unrestricted access to all cases, some are restricted
to IB personnel only.

It’s not really WebFocus that does not understand LABELPROMPT.
The WebFocus server knows exactly what to do. It’s the WebFocus Client that cannot manage the interactive part.

Your request is not actually in a loop it’s waiting for your input values for row and column. Unfortunately you have no way to supply them.

Try running your focexec from an edatstart –t session and you will see exactly what I mean.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ah, I see. Has been fixed in WF 7?

Francis

<JG>
posted
Nope. not working in 713

Report This Post