Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SubHeads
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have a report with several SubHeads on different BY's, that each have different styles within the StyleSheet. I need to have a Heading, that has lot's of styling also, only print on the first page, which is done with On Table Subhead. How do I specify the styling for that? I've tried doing it on the On Table Set Style part, but that does not seem to work. Since it does not have a 'BY' I can't do it with that. Any Ideas? 5.3.4 version.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you tried:

TYPE=TABHEADING, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD, $

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How to Identify a Heading or Footing

TYPE=headfoot, [BY=sortcolumn]

where: headfoot Identifies a heading or footing.

Select from:

TABHEADING which is a report heading. This appears once at the beginning of the
report and is generated by ON TABLE SUBHEAD.

TABFOOTING which is a report footing. This appears once at the end of the report and is
generated by ON TABLE SUBFOOT.

HEADING which is a page heading. This appears at the top of every report page and is
generated by HEADING.

FOOTING which is a page footing. This appears at the bottom of every report page and
is generated by FOOTING.

SUBHEAD which is a sort heading. This appears at the beginning of a vertical (BY) sort
group (generated by ON sortfield SUBHEAD).

SUBFOOT which is a sort footing. This appears at the end of a vertical (BY) sort group
(generated by ON sortfield SUBFOOT).

BY
When there are several sort headings or sort footings, each associated with a different
vertical sort (BY) column, this enables you to identify which sort heading or sort footing
you wish to format.

If there are several sort headings or sort footings associated with different vertical sort
(BY) columns, and you omit this attribute and value, the formatting will be applied to all
of the sort headings or footings.

sortcolumn

Specifies the vertical sort (BY) column associated with one of the report�s sort headings
or sort footings.How to Identify a Heading or Footing

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Tabheading...never had the need to use that before....that was what I needed. Learn something new everyday. Smiler

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post