Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
Search
Tools
Search Results: (238 matches) New Search Login/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: EXL2K Column Header Orientation (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tony A
CWM,There was a discussion about this quite a while ago - late Dec 2005 (forum search on excel css), that gave an IB solution of using CSS with EXL2K output via an HTMLFORM using HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS (see link).It may help you?T...
Focal Point > Focal Point Forums > WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] page breaking with html (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Donald
I have an html report with an excel form type that needs to only show two part numbers per page.So after the second subfoot I want a page break. Nothing I do seems to work. SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.REP001; -HTMLFORM END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Cell Padding and Cell Spacing in EXL2K reports (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Ved
Wow!!! It worked like a charm... Thanks a lot Francis..It would have been better if something like WRAP=AUTO had been provided.Also, EXL2K does not come with BORDERS by default, and I suppose there is no way to get the borders (Is there a way, except using HTMLFORMTYPE???)Thanks once again......

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Opening Excel hold file.... from a HTML page or Fex file (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
To use -HTMLFORM you must specify the type and location.FILEDEF SAI_EXL1 DISK OTHERS/sai_exl1.xht SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS -HTMLFORM SAI_EXL1If you created the XLS in the same fex, you may not need the FILEDEF.If the xls is not in an APP directory, the FILEDEF will need to change to a path.Check the...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Text Format output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You can return anythis as text with:SET HTMLFORMTYPE {type} -HTMLFORM {hold|save file}You may have to play with the types, to find one that gives you want you want, text wise. It also may depend on the mime settings, etc as to what happens for prompting to save....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Excel Gridlines - Turn Off (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Dan Satchell
A possible workaround?TABLE FILE CAR SUM DEALER_COST BY COUNTRY ON TABLE SET STYLE * TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, $ ENDSTYLE ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE END -* SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -RUN -* -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.HOLD ; -HTMLFORM END ...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CASE OPENED] using SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by MartinY
quote:Java Restful services is working for all of our output types except this jobDo you have other that use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS and that work fine ? If so, compare.Have you check what is the redirection settings for xls ? Maybe something to look at....

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Excel Compound - Without template (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Cyril Joy
Hi,Is there a way to create an excel output with two reports side-by-side on one excel tab without the use of template and macro?I cannot use macro or HTMLFORMTYPE (since I need to use EXCEL FORMULA).Regards,Cyril Joy....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Saving the oupt of a fex file on the client Machine (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
You can PCHOLD the dbase file, with some extra code.TABLE FILE CAR PRINT COUNTRY ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT DBASE END -RUN ! DIR FILEDEF DBF DISK hold.dbf -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DBASE -HTMLFORM DBFYou will still have to set up mime types in the admin console....

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Saving reports to file system (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Waz
And if you don't want to reread the internal matrix, then:FILEDEF MYREPORT DISK &DIRECTORY&FILENAME TABLE FILE &REPORT_NAME PRINT * ON TABLE NOTOTAL ON TABLE HOLD AS MYREPORT FORMAT EXCEL END -RUN -* Return the file SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS -HTMLFORM MYREPORT ...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Help! Routine to dump data from focus, store in flat file. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
I didn't expect it to, but this works, it displays the saved file in an HTML page: TABLE FILE CAR PRINT * ON TABLE SAVE AS CR3NTS FORMAT ALPHA END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE=TXT -RUN -HTMLFORM BEGIN !IBI.FIL.CR3NTS; -HTMLFORM END ...

Poll  RE: Problem with alphanumeric value that has 12 digits in excel output (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tony A
Not Accessible By You: You Do Not Have Permission To View Polls In This Forum

Discussion Topic  RE: SUBHEAD Backcolor in Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dreddy_23
Thanks for your reply LEAH. But I am not using the EXL2K directly. I have inclined headings in the report and to get those I need to use HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS. I copied the code that I am using below ... =SUBHEAD,LINE=1,BACKCOLOR=BLACK,$END-RUNSET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-HTMLFORM BEGIN!IBI.FIL.REP001;-HTMLFORM END...

Discussion Topic  RE: [CLOSED] Smiley - Unicode 263A (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
Search the Technical Documentation Library and you get this:"There were no results for HTMLFORMTYPE.Here are the results for htmlform."Search the Enterprise Content Library using that newfangled ... documentation on HTMLFORMTYPE. I realize the syntax is probably as simple as SET HTMLFORMTYPE=[XLS|PDF...

Discussion Topic  RE: Set Vertical Position for Column Titiles in PDF and EXCEL (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by FliPPeR
This simple FEX doesn't work for me using 5.2.5FILEDEF HOLD1 DISK HOLD1-RUNTABLE FILE CARPRINTCOUNTRYCARMODELON TABLE NOTOTALON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1 FORMAT HTMLEND-RUN-*SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS-HTMLFORM ... wrong with that code?? I would like to use the SET HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS and show the HTML form instead...

Discussion Topic  RE: need to report trailing spaces (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by dbeagan
This seems to work: FILEDEF XLDATA DISK xldata.csv TABLE FILE ibisamp/car PRINT COUNTRY CAR MODEL SEATS COMPUTE COUNTRYV/A11V = COUNTRY; ON TABLE SAVE AS XLDATA FORMAT COMMA END SET HTMLFORMTYPE=CSV -RUN -HTMLFORM XLDATA Notes:The SET HTMLFORMTYPE=CSV may not be officially supported.Need to...

Discussion Topic  How to strip HTML from data content to display in PDF report (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Francis Mariani
HTMLFORMTYPE=PDF would work, but it doesn't, and even if it did, how would I combine that HTMLFORMTYPE code with the rest of the compound PDF components.Any ideas?Thanks,...

Discussion Topic  [SOLVED] Getting decimal values in Excel (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by subbu
could able to show that value in HTML output. I'm using HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS to bring the samething ... to change the TITLETEXT of a sheet tab if I use HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS.I want to show how it is ... TABLE HOLD END TABLE FILE HOLD PRINT * ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE END SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] How to position a header in Excel. (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by mgrackin
There is no way to do this as far as I know by using the HOLD FORMAT EXL2K. There is a way to fool the browser to open the HTML output as an Excel file. Then you can use HOLD FORMAT HTML and all the supported formatting that goes along with it. The key is SET HTMLFORMTYPE = XLS.SET HTMLFORMTYPE...

Discussion Topic  RE: [SOLVED] Formating separate part of an alphanumeric field (in WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point ) by Tom Flynn
Martin_fmi,Well, now that I upgraded to ADOBE 9.1, HTMLFORMTYPE=PDF in 7.6.8 doesn't work.Marvelous!!!File does not begin with '%PDF-' is the error...You may be able to try it, try Francis' syntax ... 100'); WHERE COUNTRY LIKE '%&SEARCH|%' ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTML END -RUN SET HTMLFORMTYPE = PDF...

» Refine Search
» New Search